+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Branislav Pindroch

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Ffs, read my words again and tell me why 'No it isn't' is an appropriate response. Or do you just like an argument?
    Steady on! You said it was THE standout mistake of the close season. It wasn't THE standout mistake, not replacing Collin was one of many equally bad mistakes hence my reply "No it isn't".

Come on boys play nicely.....

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    just a thought , out of interest where is this talented keeper now , which top flight club has snapped him up seeing as we let him go ?
    Curtis Hall was last spotted playing against Ilkeston for the mighty South Normanton a couple of weeks ago where he conceded 4 and it didn't really look like we'd made a mistake letting him go.

Pindroch is injured (picked it up in the pre match against Middlesborough when i believe he was set to start) but on the few occasions I've seen him play in the cup and in friendlies he looks worse than Fitzsimons anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    Having never seen this guy play, can anyone tell me what is so bad about him that he can't get a place in the 11 that take to the field.
    Seeing as Culverwell has been on the bench, I assume Pindroch is still injured.

Was going to suggest we give Culverwell a chance but that might be a mistake as according to the OS he is 117 yrs old!

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/team...ax-culverwell/

This is a poor situation without doubt and you have to ask what KN and Crossley (who must accept some responsibility) have done behind the scenes to improve these 2 goalkeepers.

In the first 10 minutes on Saturday in front of the Kop, Fitz didnt come for 3 balls, allowing 3 free headers. Closely followed by a comical long punt upfield from their half where he did a "shall I - shan't I" come for it. In the end did neither and the ball bounced over his head and slightly wide of the right hand post for a goal kick. Had that punt been central we would have been looking at a real comedy goalkeeping moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Was going to suggest we give Culverwell a chance but that might be a mistake as according to the OS he is 117 yrs old!

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/team...ax-culverwell/
    Let's not be too hasty ! My granny could play better than the defence so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Had that punt been central we would have been looking at another real comedy goalkeeping moment.
    Fixed that for you.

Crossley absolutely has to take a lot of the blame, he is the one that recommended all 3 keepers that we had last season as we seem to have adopted the approach Sir Alex Ferguson took when choosing his goalkeeper - Ask your GK coach as he will usually know more about what makes a decent keeper.

Any goalkeeper would look cr@p trying to stop a torrent of shots from strikers allowed the space our defenders give them. Even Yashin or Shilton or Iremonger would struggle and all three would get stick on here for not being seven foot tall and as agile as a ballerina. If Fiztsimons had fewer shots to stop he'd let fewer goals in and his confidence would improve.

Improved confidence = improved performance = a trusting defence = more confidence in the goalkeeper = confident goalkeeper, repeat ad nauseum.

In my opinion it all stems from defenders not doing their job properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    This is a poor situation without doubt and you have to ask what KN and Crossley (who must accept some responsibility) have done behind the scenes to improve these 2 goalkeepers.

In the first 10 minutes on Saturday in front of the Kop, Fitz didnt come for 3 balls, allowing 3 free headers. Closely followed by a comical long punt upfield from their half where he did a "shall I - shan't I" come for it. In the end did neither and the ball bounced over his head and slightly wide of the right hand post for a goal kick. Had that punt been central we would have been looking at a real comedy goalkeeping moment.
    That "punt" was going well wide and Fitzsimons could see it, as did the Kop. Had that punt been central he wouldn't have been so lax and if my auntie had balls she would have been my uncle.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast