+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relegation talk already...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Having watched us for as long as we have, I am not bothered in what division we play and don't want to see the Club taken over, however, that will be the only way forward if we wish to progress. I would not saw my leg off like you outwood, I would just accept it as part of the modern game ---after all --that is all it is, whether you have money or not.
    It was good to be at Shrewsbury on Saturday to watch a very competitive match between two teams at the bottom of League One. Two teams giving it all they had an refereed very well, in spite of what a lot of home fans thought! Just a different level played by lads who want to play. Very enjoyable.
    Supersub. I wouldn’t actually want to saw my own leg off. Sorry for being facetious. I was in Portsmouth many years ago with a fellow Claret and we wandered into a outdoor market and a vendor sang out and it really sounded like “get your leg sawn off”. This phrase just stuck in my memory being in a historic naval town. It sums up my feelings about being taken over. I really want to keep both my legs and I want us a club to keep our identity.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Supersub. I wouldn’t actually want to saw my own leg off. Sorry for being facetious. I was in Portsmouth many years ago with a fellow Claret and we wandered into a outdoor market and a vendor sang out and it really sounded like “get your leg sawn off”. This phrase just stuck in my memory being in a historic naval town. It sums up my feelings about being taken over. I really want to keep both my legs and I want us a club to keep our identity.
    That's two of us then! I didn't take you serious, in fact, I take very little serious these days and just get on enjoying life. Look after yourself and don't get legless!!

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

how it stands:

still not much in it....and in a few weeks, after the break, it'll be Wolves then Bournemouth/Cardiff/Huddersfield - some must get points from those games - after which, I think we'lll have a fuller picture of our condition....or - just how bad it is.

I have to agree with you Norder.We have to give SD the benefit of the doubt.However,there can be no excuses after the next 4 matches.If we do not pick up decent points from those games we are in serious bother.

Aye that will be right, doomed after 8 games in the season just like these teams were last season.

18 Leicester 8 1 3 4 -3 6
    19 Bournemouth 8 1 1 6 -8 4
    20 Crystal Palace 8 1 0 7 -16 3

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Think yourselves lucky that you don't support Notts,promotion favorites to bottom of league two in five games
    And the less said about that, the better eh Chalky lol.
    As for Burnsley this season in the Prem, I think they must be looking at finishing above both Huddersfield & Cardiff for a start. I don't know who the third relegation club are going to be at the moment though, maybe C.Palace again.

Hey guys, why all the negativity! You were awesome last season and it's very early days this season. There are 3 teams worse than you for sure, there were 13 worse than you last season! Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, West Ham (they were bloody awful Saturday) and I'm not convinced by the Saints.

Hopefully all will come good for you, after the next game obviously; I can't see Mr Dyche giving up on anything before the fat lady has cleared her throat and he's a good man to have at the helm.

All the best! :-)

Hello and welcome Wolfi.

Thanks for the compliment, in a nutshell, some on here are saying it will come good with players coming back from injury and that we are out of the pathetic Europa Cup.

Others like me find even with finishing 7th last year there was a lot of poor performances along with no wins in the final 6/7 games, also not strengthening the squad/team in the last transfer window has really alienated some, I don't mind getting a 6-0 hammering as long as we put in a decent performance, we played poor against Aberdeen and Basekesir and have not shown anything like a team that can compete in the PL with games so far.

You on the other hand have done fairly good and you should be happy with it, I liked your Manager in the Championship last year, hope he can do it in the PL for you Wolfi

We get the occasional visit from someone else from Wolves on here, I forget his username but he likes trains which a few of the other posters like to talk about.

Take care and feel free to visit any time you like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Hello and welcome Wolfi.

Thanks for the compliment, in a nutshell, some on here are saying it will come good with players coming back from injury and that we are out of the pathetic Europa Cup.

Others like me find even with finishing 7th last year there was a lot of poor performances along with no wins in the final 6/7 games, also not strengthening the squad/team in the last transfer window has really alienated some, I don't mind getting a 6-0 hammering as long as we put in a decent performance, we played poor against Aberdeen and Basekesir and have not shown anything like a team that can compete in the PL with games so far.

You on the other hand have done fairly good and you should be happy with it, I liked your Manager in the Championship last year, hope he can do it in the PL for you Wolfi

We get the occasional visit from someone else from Wolves on here, I forget his username but he likes trains which a few of the other posters like to talk about.

Take care and feel free to visit any time you like
    Cheers Altobelli, will do! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I would rather saw my own leg off and watch us in the Championship than see us become another foreign owned oil slick.

Me too Outwood and we'd be OK, proper football to watch, and we'd still have two legs between us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Five of us are off to Wolverhampton in a fortnight, full of hope and optimism! Come on you Clarets!

Oh ****e BT, I hadn't realised they were up next. They look bloody good to me, I couldn't help watching them and thinking this lot'll turn us over and no mistake. Get some ale in first, deaden the pain.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)