+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation talk already...

Relegation talk already...

In the pub last night post-match, lots of assorted Burnley fans think we will win the Championship next season, make of that what you will...?

Well be lucky as Dyche won’t be there to steer that ship again I don’t think, I’m not quite on the relegation forgone conclusion yet but I think we would have to buy in January, the fact that we didn’t in July August is the worry as if we are in a fight to stay in the league I think the board will just look forward to receiving a hefty first parachute payment and accept the relegation.
    It’s a bad situation tbh as I believe Dyche is a real man of honour and doesn’t want to say what’s going on here, thing is I think the next time there is the knock at the door for his services he’ll consider it as I don’t think he’s receiving the support to compete with a team in this league.

I don't want to watch PL football, I didn't renew my ST last season, I said I'd buy another when we're back in the Championship, I'm saving up already.

It looks to me like unless you are prepared to chuck at least a hundred million quid at it, plus high wages in the way Fulham and Wolves have done, you will struggle.

i quite enjoy playing in the Championship.

Come on!! The club is fighting to stay in the PL! SD is working non stop to build a stronger team than last year. I find it strange to be happy with relegation. I understand that there are things about the PL that you don’t like but .... come on

I’m desperate to stay in it Will, I love watching us against the best footballers in the world, we just haven’t hit the ground running this time around.
    I want to stay in but I’m unsure how we’re going to achieve it.

Unless we get somebody to invest a billion or two,It will never be anything else but a relegation scrap for us in the premier league,anybody who thinks differently is either deluded or an eternal optimist.Last season was just a blip .. If we finish 17th or above it will be a good season ..

Spot on alf, however, many fans have got it into their head that we are competing on a level playing field with every other club.
    The reality is that, financially, we are competing with about four at the most.
    I am always optimistic and believe that we are capable of staying in the PL for a few seasons, however, without a mega-rich takeover we will be struggling year in and year out.

I agree with Alf...and reluctantly with Supersub.

If we want our stay in the Prem to be successful and sustainable then the only way is to get a rich backer.

We 'NEED' three teams to perform worse than us over the season. So far it doesn't look like it will happen...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)