+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Relegation talk already...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfi View Post
    Hey guys, why all the negativity! You were awesome last season and it's very early days this season. There are 3 teams worse than you for sure, there were 13 worse than you last season! Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, West Ham (they were bloody awful Saturday) and I'm not convinced by the Saints.

Hopefully all will come good for you, after the next game obviously; I can't see Mr Dyche giving up on anything before the fat lady has cleared her throat and he's a good man to have at the helm.

All the best! :-)
    Wolfi, as you can see from the previous post, I am so, so impressed with your team, best promoted team I've seen in years. If you don't finish top 10 I'll be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I have to agree with you Norder.We have to give SD the benefit of the doubt.However,there can be no excuses after the next 4 matches.If we do not pick up decent points from those games we are in serious bother.
    ...it is as it is Buda - Out of the last five seasons...we've spent four of them in the PL - but we don't think or play like it, and I dont know how at the moment,...we can move our game to the next level, so I imagine that perhaps all we can hope for is getting ourselves back on track with the basics - and as S.D has admitted, even at this early stage, it isn't going to be easy, with injuries and the transfer fiasco...so can't expect that inadequacy to somehow magically regenerate itself into something that'll dazzle on the pitch.
    ...but - as has been mentioned on here - we can hope that those correspondingly weak others don't pick up the points - important then, that out of the coming games - that it's us who the grab winning points from the likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff...and then keep nicking them, get ourselves out of the bottom 3 - and look to a positive lift from the winter window.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Oh ****e BT, I hadn't realised they were up next. They look bloody good to me, I couldn't help watching them and thinking this lot'll turn us over and no mistake. Get some ale in first, deaden the pain.
    Already mixed the cocktail of Glenmorangie and Cocodamol, that should ease the grief?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Already mixed the cocktail of Glenmorangie and Cocodamol, that should ease the grief?
    That should see you right up to about 4-0 BT, surely we can keep them to that ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That should see you right up to about 4-0 BT, surely we can keep them to that ?
    Hoping so sinkov, really hoping so!

Blimey, I thought the Derby board was bad over the past few years, but there are even more wrist slashes on here after only a handful of games lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Blimey, I thought the Derby board was bad over the past few years, but there are even more wrist slashes on here after only a handful of games lol
    We are doomed I tell thee, doomed!

Aye BT, the thought of watching Burnley, still in existence, playing in a lower division than the PL just can't be contemplated
    Reality somehow kicks in though because I have watched Burnley be Champions of England, however, I have watched them play in the lower divisions more that I have seen them in the top division. This is my 27th season watching us in the top division compared to 22 at the second level, 11 at the third level and 7 at the fourth level.
    Please forgive me for not feeling doomed.

You old bugger

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    You old bugger
    I resemble that remark!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)