+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought we had a Director of Football annoucement at 10am any news?

Key words.
    Fresh start. massive club, hard work starts now, fantastic chairman, great supporters, fortress, can not wait to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Key words.
    Fresh start. massive club, hard work starts now, fantastic chairman, great supporters, fortress, can not wait to get started.
    Proper ground
    History
    Get the success the club and fans deserve
    Sure up the defence/stop leaking silly goals
    Work in Progress

'Too good an opportunity to turn down' and 'This is the job I've always wanted' often seem to crop up.

Not to forget 'sleeping giant'

The players need to express themselves.

I'd put a silly amount of money on Kewell being asked about what he thinks of our dressing room too.

Back to the DoF, is Hart going to fail to come again? It's about the third time now, isn't it? Didn't Trew try to get him here as DoF, maybe more than once? Or is it Sven, who has finally tempted Elliott Ward to join the club and is doing nothing since his latest failure in China. Or Big Sam, eager to give something back to the game at the place where his success all started after his name was dragged though the mud? Doubt it after we sacked his protege. I'm guessing it's someone far lower profile than any of these though, even than Hart, who has probably decided Luton assistant manager is more attractive.

Don't we have anyone IKN any more? Or does Hardy play his cards close to his chest, apart from on Twitter, obviously.

I'd have thought a "Director of NOT conceding 3 or 4 goals every game" was a higher priority, but I don't suppose there's that many of those available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Back to the DoF, is Hart going to fail to come again? It's about the third time now, isn't it? Didn't Trew try to get him here as DoF, maybe more than once? Or is it Sven, who has finally tempted Elliott Ward to join the club and is doing nothing since his latest failure in China. Or Big Sam, eager to give something back to the game at the place where his success all started after his name was dragged though the mud? Doubt it after we sacked his protege. I'm guessing it's someone far lower profile than any of these though, even than Hart, who has probably decided Luton assistant manager is more attractive.

Don't we have anyone IKN any more? Or does Hardy play his cards close to his chest, apart from on Twitter, obviously.
    From what I can glean, looks like Harty-Farty turned us down, again. Good!!!

It's Steve Thompson!

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    It's Steve Thompson!
    oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Back to the DoF, is Hart going to fail to come again? It's about the third time now, isn't it? Didn't Trew try to get him here as DoF, maybe more than once?.
    I don't remember Hart ever being linked with us for that particular role. Glenn Hoddle's name came up fairly regularly in the early days as he was apparently friends with Rodwell. Hart did of course end up here as a coach and briefly as caretaker manager, he seemed very peed off with the way Trew dealt with matters after Derry was sacked and for that reason I would have been surprised that he would want to return to Notts for a 3rd time. Hardy described him in the interview as a top academy manager, or words to that effect, which would be an odd compliment to pay somebody you were about to employ in a very different role, so maybe it wasn't him.

Looks like Fletcher might have taken much of the blame for the recruitment failures over the summer. This was always the big problem under Trew, who ended up allowing his wife and Guy Branston to deal with that side of things. Credit to Hardy for recognizing that this is a key area that needs sorting out and that we need a proper DOF with genuine experience, but actually finding one and putting him place may be easier said than done.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast