Does anyone on here go to away games regularly? I am a VP season ticket holder but as I live south of Reading even home games are away for me 😎 but it does mean I try to go to a few actual away matches.
The "away season ticket" has however made it virtually impossible for the occasional traveller to get an away match ticket. The scheme is you pay £40 to have first dibs when the away side make the tickets available. However this scheme was closed (within minutes?) so basically that's it, presumably the same few thousand fans get to be the Villa mob behind the goal at every away match. (Maybe that's why they ended up fighting each other on Saturday, they're sick of the sight of each other &#128522.
I seem to be begging to be allowed to pay hundreds of pounds to travel miles to an unknown city, search for a parking space, be abused by strangers, find my seat only to have to stand for 90 minutes stuck behind a goal seeing nothing of the other end and surrounded by drunken screaming Villa fans.
Yeah. But the alternative is sitting in the middle of a load of braying home supporters in the worst **** seat I've ever been in. Like on Saturday at Bramall Lane.
Anyone have any away stories?