+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone here go away?

Anyone here go away?

Does anyone on here go to away games regularly? I am a VP season ticket holder but as I live south of Reading even home games are away for me 😎 but it does mean I try to go to a few actual away matches.
    The "away season ticket" has however made it virtually impossible for the occasional traveller to get an away match ticket. The scheme is you pay £40 to have first dibs when the away side make the tickets available. However this scheme was closed (within minutes?) so basically that's it, presumably the same few thousand fans get to be the Villa mob behind the goal at every away match. (Maybe that's why they ended up fighting each other on Saturday, they're sick of the sight of each other &#128522.
    I seem to be begging to be allowed to pay hundreds of pounds to travel miles to an unknown city, search for a parking space, be abused by strangers, find my seat only to have to stand for 90 minutes stuck behind a goal seeing nothing of the other end and surrounded by drunken screaming Villa fans.
    Yeah. But the alternative is sitting in the middle of a load of braying home supporters in the worst **** seat I've ever been in. Like on Saturday at Bramall Lane.
    Anyone have any away stories?

hello there , yes with living up north , I get to more away games than home games , simply because there are quite a few northern teams in the Championship, and a couple more for this season as Wigan and Blackburn have come back up , i found getting tickets relatively easy , and as you say pay money out for a seat and the only time you sit down is before the game starts and at half time , the rest is standing , the only games were people sat for entire games was Wembley ,semi and final , UTV

It also depends on the ground capacity I think. I've got tickets for Sheff Wed, Wigan, Fulham etc but never Ipswich, Brentford, Sheff Utd or Hull. Are you an Away Season Ticket member then Wrea?

Went to Preston and Barnsley last season bb, as both gave big enough allocations for me to pick a ticket up from the Club. Am a Claret member but not a STH.
    As per, stand all game, nearly crippled by the seats in front when we score. You have to stand as everyone in front of you is standing. Went to Leeds also, but sat with the home fans, saw more of the game but had to listen to ‘eee bah gum’ all friggin night.
    I try and get to at least 2, got relatives in Lancs and Yorks, so I usually make it a 3 day trip over.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)