+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lineup ? v Oldham Checkatrade Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I want to see us keep winning games of course and this winning mentality is a good one to have. But I think all of us are 'on board' with the chance of immediate promotion again this season aren't we, and just like the Lg Cup as well, this compo is NOT a prority for us and should be treat as such.
    The last half hour against Gillingham really brought it home just how brutal this style of play can be on the players who have more or less started every league game .

I'm not normally someone who has a great deal of sympathy for today's footballers but I have to say it's a pretty punishing style of play and it's still fairly early in to this policy so I'm happy to see the group get a bit of a break where they can .

That said it's not absolutely necessary to play this way tomorrow night and we may not be so full on with it .

I would rest Potts, Moore and one of the centre backs and play Jackson, Mcgeehan and Adyboyejo or what ever they call him.

I think he got the formation and players spot on. Lindsay and Jackson half, Pinnock second half..... setting up a test there I’m sure.
    Young lads tested and fringe players showing the established 11 that they shouldn’t take it for granted....
    Havent been, so can’t comment on performance, but he’s done a decent se'ection, and a sensible “try out” of personnel forwhen the suspensions hit...... Did anyone on the board go?

Aah went. Sh1te crowd, sh1te game, sh1te performance, sh1te depth to squad. Only Thiam and Moncur stood above general sh1te late on. A win.

Times Senior Football Correspondent.

What makes me laugh is when people panic about the quality of back-up. We're in league 1 and unless we need to change 4 or 5 which is unlikely. We'll be reight.

Two worst performances (judging by what I've read) were Blackpool and Oldham, both in cup comps. Where the changes were both down to Stendel giving fringe players much needed game time.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Aah went. Sh1te crowd, sh1te game, sh1te performance, sh1te depth to squad. Only Thiam and Moncur stood above general sh1te late on. A win.

Times Senior Football Correspondent.

Ah but other than that was it ok?

Just wondered what your first impressions of Bahre were SB
    Does he look as though he might be a decent acquisition?

Average.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Average.
    An in depth resume if I may say so

A typical early round Checkatrade JPT game . Like a friendly with reserves playing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12