+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lineup ? v Oldham Checkatrade Trophy

Lineup ? v Oldham Checkatrade Trophy

It's sounds like Stendel/ Winkler are wanting to progress in this competition," a chance to win some Silverware "
    Walton for Davies
    Byrd or maybe Bahre ( if his clearance has come through ?) For Dougall
    Jackson for either Lindsay or Pinnock ?

Notice Greatox not playing for U23 so he could be on the bench with Walton playing

Walton
    williams jackson lindsay williams
    isgrove mowatt bird mcgeehan
    moncur
    adeboyejo

subs
    gretorex pinillos pinnock cavare thiam moore brown

injured
    potts friars hedges woodrow

not available
    bahre davies dougall

Needs to play Walton then he’s ready for setdi

We have to play 5 players minimum who were involved last saturday which I take includes the subs .

Stendels said he's giving fringe squad players a run against latics so anything can happen

Pick the bones out of this

EFL clubs must include at least four qualifying players in the ten outfield players named in their starting eleven .

The four qualifying players must either :

A , Start the preceding fixture

B , Start the fixture immediately after

C , Be in the top ten of appearance makers for the club so far that season

D , Have made fourty or more first team appearances in their career to date .

Heres an even better idea.. just kick this moronic pointless competition into touch eh!.
    It used to serve its purpose as the old Associate Members cup, for teams in the lower two divisions. So why did they change that rule and the whole format in 2016, the season after we won it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Heres an even better idea.. just kick this moronic pointless competition into touch eh!.
    It used to serve its purpose as the old Associate Members cup, for teams in the lower two divisions. So why did they change that rule and the whole format in 2016, the season after we won it ?.
    It was a very good friend to us in 2015/16 so I've a soft spot for the competition because I think our promotion was directly linked to winning that tournament .

That said I have to agree it ain't the competition we won and we have bigger fish to fry this time in league one .

I was all for giving it our best shot but the last half hour on saturday has made me think it's a game we could do without other than giving Walton and Dougall's replacement this saturday some game time .

I want to see us keep winning games of course and this winning mentality is a good one to have. But I think all of us are 'on board' with the chance of immediate promotion again this season aren't we, and just like the Lg Cup as well, this compo is NOT a prority for us and should be treat as such.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast