+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: 80000 Pedos operating in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I think we are all aware that the number of kiddy fiddlers in the UK is a number well above a 3 figure cypher but, and I think this was the point Rom was wanting to make, EIGHTY THOUSAND? That is an awful lot of KF's and, at first thought, more than I would have estimated.
    Yeah in my anger, I forgot the comma. 80 bloody thousand! That's helluva lot. And might be more, these are the knowns, we don't yet know of the known unknowns or even worse, the real unknowns.

While not trying to make light of this troubling aspect in society, I must share a light moment yesterday between me and the wifey. She's the one that brought the subject up, something she heard on BBC World Service.

There I was appalled to learn of it, and then the wife says, 'Whatever it is, I know you can never be one of these perverts.'
    So I said, 'I'm not sure whether it's right to take any compliment from such a dire situation, but all the same, thanks honey for the vote of confidence.'
    She said,' Oh no, it's not a vote of confidence or even trust for that matter, although, I know you'll never stray into this horrible crime, it's more a statement of fact.' Still confused, I asked her to explain.

'Well, there's basically no chance of you getting it up, even with my best efforts and I'm experienced and know you well, there's no way an inexperienced kid will ever arouse you. I sometimes even wonder how we ever had 4 kids, given your underwhelming performance.' You are just like that football team of yours - can't score!'

Ouch that really hurt....

80,000! Sounds terrible...but on the basis that there are about £40m adults in the UK that translates, in the unlikely event of my maths not letting me down, to just 0.2% of the adult population of the UK having such tendencies.
    Put like that it’s oddly reassuring. Tiny, tiny amount. Doesn’t help the victims I know, but it’s a problem that’s been around for ever...the internet probably isn’t helping but let’s keep a sense of proportion and tackle those b******s at the top of the establishment who’ve been preying on the young and vulnerable for centuries.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-09-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    80,000! Sounds terrible...but on the basis that there are about £40m adults in the UK that translates, in the unlikely event of my maths not letting me down, to just 0.2% of the adult population of the UK having such tendencies.
    Put like that it’s oddly reassuring. Tiny, tiny amount. Doesn’t help the victims I know, but it’s a problem that’s been around for ever...the internet probably isn’t helping but let’s keep a sense of proportion and tackle those b******s at the top of the establishment who’ve been preying on the young and vulnerable for centuries.
    If I caught one I'd do more than tackle him. I'd much prefer to amputate his tackle.

That's the gut feeling. What really gets me is that Asian frooming gangs aren't properly investigated as those charged with the investigation don't want to be seen as racist. Allegations of KF activity higher up the food chain are blocked by the very people who should be being investigated.

It should be that a crime has been committed. It should be taken seriously and investigated fully. Whether that leads to Buck House or Parliament or the BBC or the entertainment world or a non-indigenous community in Rochdale, Rotherham, Derby etc, the perpetrators need prosecuting and getting the sentences they deserve.

We need assurances that this holding back on investigations will never happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If I caught one I'd do more than tackle him. I'd much prefer to amputate his tackle.

That's the gut feeling. What really gets me is that Asian frooming gangs aren't properly investigated as those charged with the investigation don't want to be seen as racist. Allegations of KF activity higher up the food chain are blocked by the very people who should be being investigated.

It should be that a crime has been committed. It should be taken seriously and investigated fully. Whether that leads to Buck House or Parliament or the BBC or the entertainment world or a non-indigenous community in Rochdale, Rotherham, Derby etc, the perpetrators need prosecuting and getting the sentences they deserve.

We need assurances that this holding back on investigations will never happen again.
    Tbf ‘Amster - and I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments - I do think there has been a, long overdue, change in attitudes to grooming gangs and that things are better in that respect.

The investigation into establishment figures however really seems to have hit the buffers. Let’s be honest...’characters’ such as Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith were known about for decades before anything was done. Now society has demonised them, quite rightly, but there are plenty of others, including one former PM and many local and national dignitaries/politicians for whom further investigation is long overdue imo.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-09-2018 at 12:15 PM.

well there are about 5,000 catholic priests in the UK, so that's explained about 6% of them. There are some 500,000 of us teachers as well, so I would not be surprised to see 80,000 as an underestimate when one tosses in the grooming gangs,celebrities and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    well there are about 5,000 catholic priests in the UK, so that's explained about 6% of them. There are some 500,000 of us teachers as well, so I would not be surprised to see 80,000 as an underestimate when one tosses in the grooming gangs,celebrities and so on
    Teachers are a strange one Geoff. I note that one of my youngest son’s (now 34) primary school teachers has recently been locked up for such an offence from long ago.
    Always thought he was odd but not really in that way. Generally speaking though I reckon the teaching profession has always been pretty good at self policing...except perhaps where PE teachers and sixth form girls are concerned and that hardly constitutes pa edophilia.
    Feel fairly confident that in any of the staff rooms I inhabited any such suspicions about any members of staff would have led to them being ‘dealt with’ very swiftly. Never felt the same about children’s homes though.
    We also have to remember that a significant proportion, if not the majority, of such crimes are perpetrated by those within the family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)