+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football forums...

Football forums...

It seems that as each month goes by the input from posters on football forums gets less and less,it's not just footymad but all of them,they seem to be a dying breed and other forms of communication seems to have replace it,I was at the game on Saturday and all of a sudden there was a round of applause broke out about half a hour into the game,me and the bloke that was stood next to me had no idea why and it turns out that it was organized through Facebook and Twitter so obviously they have taken over where football forums once ruled
    How long to you think that forums will last,I will be surprised if they last another few years as it gets harder and harder to get decent conversations going any more,do you use Facebook or Twitter to follow your club?

I've been online for 17 years now, but I've never used Facebook or Twitter. Maybe I'll have to some day but I've resisted up to now. It's not just football forums it seems to be all forums. Many of the local forums, political forums and motoring forums I've been on for years have either ceased or are like a morgue with just a few new topics each week. Facebook and Twitter now dominate the method of communication in the same way that Ebay and Amazon have had such a massive impact on how we spend our money, with the result that major High Street retailers have collapsed or are struggling, Homebase the latest to be floundering.

It's the way the world has gone and all we can do is a) embrace the situation b) reluctantly accept it or c) rebel against it. I've got a lot of friends who have never been on the internet, they still seem to survive.

Just go with the flow. Everything evolves.

FFS....

I've just tried to edit some spelling errors on a post and it's bloody well deleted itself,so much for progress

I doubt that I will reactivate my Facebook account again as I haven't really missed it and I've got no interest in Twitter at all,it's just like yoonited says about Amazon and EBay taking over the shops on the high street I suppose,today's ****s are not interested in physical music but it's got to be downloaded or steamed to their phones instantly,I know millenials who think that cd's are old fashioned nevermind vinyl,there's a mobile phone that's being advertised on the tv at the moment and the whole advert is solely about the camera on it it doesn't mention the phone or texting functions,it's all about the selfie
    I've got a dashcam that my sister bought me for Christmas and it's still in the box,I had a look at the instructions and I've got no idea how to install it or to view what's been recorded,I would have preferred some socks with hindsight
    I suppose that it's because I'm heading towards sixty that today's world baffles me,God knows what I will be like in a few years time

Facephuck and ****ter are for Mongs..

Rarely I'm I on the Aberdeen forum and if I do just post on off topic .

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    It's always nice to hear from you though buc

How come that when I log onto foorymad my phone is telling me that it's an insecure site?
    Honestly it gets worst and worst on here,aren't the owners bothered about it anymore,changing the format to a worst.one and getting rid of popular functions like the 'like' button was going back with the format not forward and don't even get me started about trying to edit a post

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    How come that when I log onto foorymad my phone is telling me that it's an insecure site?
    Honestly it gets worst and worst on here,aren't the owners bothered about it anymore,changing the format to a worst.one and getting rid of popular functions like the 'like' button was going back with the format not forward and don't even get me started about trying to edit a post
    It's because you have history of wrong doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Don't blame you mate. Be in touch about our arrangement ok mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)