+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Train video for Woody

Train video for Woody

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Cheers Lloyd, you have made my day mate, an amazing piece of film. Very poignant to see the old Black Country as it was and to think virtually all of that rail infrastructure, the line, the stations, the goods yards has completely disappeared. It was good to see Stewarts and Lloyds and Roundoak steelworks full of life as well. I don't know how I missed this piece of film because I am always scouring Youtube for the like. Anyway I am going to download this one for keeps.

Thanks again old son!

I enjoyed it too. Thanks soulman.

Glad you both enjoyed the video.

Went to Weymouth yesterday on a steam train trip. Hauled by the 'Union of South Africa' the same as our trip to Swanage last year. I have to say that the sheer size of the 'Oliver Cromwell' that took us to Sherborne last year really blew me away! Great fun albeit financially extravagant over normal trains.

That Swanage line is one I have yet to get to. Hopefully I can do it next year with the Bluebell line. Earlier this year I did the Paington and Dartmouth, the South Devon, the West Somerset and the Dean Forest all in one road trip.

And a great time was had by all. Well by me anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    That Swanage line is one I have yet to get to. Hopefully I can do it next year with the Bluebell line. Earlier this year I did the Paington and Dartmouth, the South Devon, the West Somerset and the Dean Forest all in one road trip.

And a great time was had by all. Well by me anyway!
    Did you do the Dawlish bit, Woody. That is something I would like to do. We subscribe to the Dawlish cameras, so we can see it every day - great when the sea is rough!

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Did you do the Dawlish bit, Woody. That is something I would like to do. We subscribe to the Dawlish cameras, so we can see it every day - great when the sea is rough!
    Not as an adult Wokes. But I have great memories of traveling down by train numerous times in the the fifties with my Mom and Dad for holidays in Paignton. The journey was usually six or seven hours due to the congestion in the summer. The highlight was always bursting out of the tunnel with Dawlish beach suddenly on the left. The sun was always shining, the sea was always blue and the sand always golden. Just couldn't wait to get to Goodrington and get my share of the action. Unforgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Not as an adult Wokes. But I have great memories of traveling down by train numerous times in the the fifties with my Mom and Dad for holidays in Paignton. The journey was usually six or seven hours due to the congestion in the summer. The highlight was always bursting out of the tunnel with Dawlish beach suddenly on the left. The sun was always shining, the sea was always blue and the sand always golden. Just couldn't wait to get to Goodrington and get my share of the action. Unforgettable.
    Great stuff woody. That paints a picture that I can relate to!

Although I have never been to Dawlish, that I can recall, it is amazing how well you can get to know an area with the wonders of modern technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Great stuff woody. That paints a picture that I can relate to!

Although I have never been to Dawlish, that I can recall, it is amazing how well you can get to know an area with the wonders of modern technology.
    No words necessary!

Name:  100-years-of-progress-steam-train-along-the-coast-gwr.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  99.6 KB

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)