+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pro Brexit factsEU news letters

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    All these figures quoted may be relevant or not, true or false, but the bottom line is, as a nation, we voted to come out. I'm a Tory voter but Theresa May is making a complete 'pig's ear' of it. The problem is that at heart she is a remainer and there lies the problem. What the final outcome will be, I haven't a clue, but what I do know is that if the government reneges on what the majority voted for then my faith in democracy will be completely and utterly shot!
    Don't worry, when Brexit turns out to be a disaster - Farage, Davies, Gove, Boris etc. will all turn around and blame someone else. Its their standard playbook.

We need another vote.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Don't worry, when Brexit turns out to be a disaster - Farage, Davies, Gove, Boris etc. will all turn around and blame someone else. Its their standard playbook.

We need another vote.
    I know that as far as politics are concerned 123, we are on different sides of the track. My only observation is that we had a vote and no matter who said what in the 'run up' we voted to come out. As far as I 'm concerned, that's democracy. What's the the point on any type of election if the losing side won't accept it and want a rerun. I didn't vote for Blair but I had to put up with him for ten years!

Christ, not all of this b@ll@cks again.

As if the ongoing debate over who's the greater cannot on Sweeper's thread wasn't enough .

Mental reminder to self: try really hard to resist temptation and leave this thread closed for others to chew the fat over.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

As if the ongoing debate over who's the greater cannot on Sweeper's thread wasn't enough .

Mental reminder to self: try really hard to resist temptation and leave this thread closed for others to chew the fat over.
    Yeah, you're probably right '68.

I swore never to involve myself in a political thread again. There you are, I've just gone and sworn again!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

I thought that but got pulled in a little. No match week, have to talk about something. Anything is better than the Al, Blood, Sweeper thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I know that as far as politics are concerned 123, we are on different sides of the track. My only observation is that we had a vote and no matter who said what in the 'run up' we voted to come out. As far as I 'm concerned, that's democracy. What's the the point on any type of election if the losing side won't accept it and want a rerun. I didn't vote for Blair but I had to put up with him for ten years!
    The referendum question was too open to interpretation and was hijacked by lies. How can any functioning democracy work to that?

Before the Referendum this happened;

- David Davies said that negotiating a deal with the EU would be 'the easiest deal in history'. He also said that by the time we were ready to come out of the EU, we would have up to 60 FTAs ready to sign.
    - Liam Fox said we would be able to negotiate FTAs 'the day after the referendum'
    - Dan Hannan said that a vote to leave 'wouldn't threaten our place in the Single Market'
    - Boris Johnson campaigned for leave after writing an unpublished article to support remain, because he thought he would stand a better chance of becoming a PM by appealing to Tory Eurosceptics.
    - Nigel Farage said repeatedly before the referendum we should have a 'Norway' style deal, who are in Schengen and have less border control than us. He also said that 'in the event of a 52-48 vote, it wouldn't be over by a long way' presumably when he thought the Leave vote wouldn't win the referendum. But now, this hypocrite thinks we should 'accept democracy'...

Two of the five people above have held cabinet ministerial positions in the last two years, they could effect change more than anyone in the country.

In light of the above, can you honestly say all 17m people who voted to leave voted for us to leave the CU and SM? Did they vote leave thinking we would be without a deal in 2019? Did they believe we would have a deal lined up with the EU and other FTAs in the pipeline by now?

More importantly, do you think that voters have more understanding about the effects of Brexit now compared to 2016?

There is nothing more democratic than another vote.
    Last edited by WBA123; 06-09-2018 at 07:59 AM.

People like "Save £350m per month" Johnson should be told to resign from Parliament by his Constituents after his bullsh.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Can I ask you a question and also make an observation

Q. Why do you think every impartial and independent financial research or fiscal study appear to point out that we will be economically worse off for leaving the EU?

My observation is that its because the benefits of our single market membership is worth more than our contributions. Remember our contributions pay for many centralised European institutions which benefit the UK.
    Blimey someone who gives credence to what Financial 'Experts' predict. Their track record of getting things right is on a par with Pardew's time at the Baggies.

They said immediately after we voted for Brexit

There would have to be a emergency budget
    UK house prices would plumet
    Interest Rates would have to increase.

Mind you 'they' have been getting all of those and lots of others repeatedly wrong Brexit or no Brexit.

I posted after the vote that for those of us that voted Out things wouldn't be as good as we hoped and for those who voted Remain things wouldn't be as bad as they feared. Despite the best efforts of our leaders to make a complete pigs ear of it I still believe that to be true.

My great fear is Brexit results in Boris for PM or (and this bit really does concern me) a Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott led Goverment.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 07-09-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Blimey someone who gives credence to what Financial 'Experts' predict. Their track record of getting things right is on a par with Pardew's time at the Baggies.

They said immediately after we voted for Brexit

There would have to be a emergency budget
    UK house prices would plumet
    Interest Rates would have to increase.

Mind you 'they' have been getting all of those and lots of others repeatedly wrong Brexit or no Brexit.

I posted after the vote that for those of us that voted Out things wouldn't be as good as we hoped and for those who voted Remain things wouldn't be as bad as they feared. Despite the best efforts of our leaders to make a complete pigs ear of it I still believe that to be true.

My great fear is Brexit results in Boris for PM or (and this bit really does concern me) a Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott led Goverment.
    A couple of things I'd say about this,

- I'd listen to financial experts over our own politicians yes. Who would you rather trust Farage or the Governer of the BoE? And not only that, check the leaked Brexit Impact Assessment report, it doesn't make for good reading - especially for the West Midlands region.

- The day after the vote, the BoE offered large scale liquidity to financial institutions and cut the capital requirements on banks, in August 2016 they reduced interest rates down by a 1/4. These fiscal decisions saved us from recession. I know of one Medium sized business (about 300 employees) based in the UK who lost just shy of £500k in currency fluctuations the day after the vote, they were lucky they had good investors to be able to stay in business.

- Agree with your last point. Boris is a disaster as are almost all of the Tories. I won't vote for Corbyn again but still feel he is a better alternative to the Tories. My prediction is that a new centralist pro European party would clear up at the next election.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)