+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Maltby V Frickley

You were probably thinking of the 0-4 defeat To Macc Town before they became a league team.
    Norman Hunter was Manager.

Yes it was a bit feisty at Frickley

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Was that when we lost by 4?
    No, we won on that occasion - can't recall the exact score. Kelham O'Hanlon was in goal.

Don't think the trouble outside was anything to do with politics - just folks wanting to either have a tear up (common pre/post game practice back then) or get home in one piece - myself and a couple of friends more focussed on keeping our girlfriends safe and occasional fending off of the odd knuckledragger. Amateur pavement dancing....... think Pale Green Street rather than full on Millwall/ICF.......

Watched the full match last night on iPlayer. Cracking game tbf, both teams wanted it and were up for it. Frickley had that tiny bit more quality which got them over the line in the end.
    Good to see Muglet Lane on telly. Looks like nothing much has changed there since I did some work there in the mid 1990's. But does anyone know whether they've knocked down any outbuildings behind the goal nearest the club house? I seem to recall there being a brick building which housed a small tractor, and a changing block?

Oh, look mum, it's a football related thread on a football message site.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123