+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Grimsby Town 4/9/18 - now featuring your moderators' exit!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You are completely out of order SolSigns. If you can find even one anti-Islam word or phrase posted by me then you're a magician.
    And yet there have been many hundreds of anti-Islam posts and phrases on here, as you well know.

Any moderator who ignores all of that should have their motives questioned, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    And yet there have been many hundreds of anti-Islam posts and phrases on here, as you well know.

Any moderator who ignores all of that should have their motives questioned, imo.
    The truth of the matter is that I have not seen them. I don't tend to read the political/theological/philosophical argument threads etc. with any level of focus, if at all. I never had any motive as a moderator apart from moderating the board to maintain a little decorum. I'm afraid any anti-Islam (or any other theological or political) motives you think I may have are the product of an over fertile imagination. It's extremely offensive to insinuate such things too. An apology wouldn't go amiss but I fear that's beyond you.

nevermind. gluck.
    Last edited by SolSigns; 07-09-2018 at 09:16 AM.

It's certainly my preferred option if there's ever a vote. I've never really understood the counter argument against it. It would also be helpful to any new new moderators if there could be separate moderators for the non-footie board. Whoever takes on the job on here is a masochist that's for certain.
    It seems a good solution, but it failed miserably when it was tried before. Some years back an off-topic board called 'The Magpie Bar' was introduced. The problem was that most people just didn't use it and many O/T threads were still posted on the main board. That meant it needed constant scrutiny from the mods moving threads about, which didn't happen and the whole thing fizzled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It seems a good solution, but it failed miserably when it was tried before. Some years back an off-topic board called 'The Magpie Bar' was introduced. The problem was that most people just didn't use it and many O/T threads were still posted on the main board. That meant it needed constant scrutiny from the mods moving threads about, which didn't happen and the whole thing fizzled out.
    That's why I suggested bans for people who break it. People will soon learn

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    A ban for posting a topic on the wrong forum? We can only hope you don't apply for a mod's role!

It's certainly my preferred option if there's ever a vote. I've never really understood the counter argument against it. It would also be helpful to any new new moderators if there could be separate moderators for the non-footie board. Whoever takes on the job on here is a masochist that's for certain.
    What does OT amount to? 25% of threads/posts, a third max?
    The discussions are good, NCM is a bit of an accidental debating club. With everything that's going on in our lives that's got to be a good thing. Everyone has the option of not opening a thread and not reading. I don't get those who open, read and say 'don't post this' 'I don't want posters to write about this'!
    The problem though is that it probably increases the moderators' job fivefold...
    If you made separate domains, you could question what is this doing on a football site and scrap it altogether. OTs would probably come back then anyway...

Tbh, having moderators seems like a more pressing issue than re-organising the posting. Hope you see your way to stay and get more help because I think you do an alright job, Swale

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Tbh, having moderators seems like a more pressing issue than re-organising the posting. Hope you see your way to stay and get more help because I think you do an alright job, Swale
    The abuse isn't worth it, as has been demonstrated this morning already. I do appreciate your comment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A ban for posting a topic on the wrong forum? We can only hope you don't apply for a mod's role!
    Yup, and I probably would be interested in modding this forum actually, I have experience in doing it and find firm but fair is the best way to go about it (that is in no way a dig at the current mods, they have their own way and let a lot slide that I personally wouldn't but that is just personal views and not a dig).

If the rules clearly state that this board is for football related things and you break that rule, you go into time out until you learn to follow the rules. If you don't like it, well, you know what you can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They'll just stop posting.

I can't see a massive problem. As has been said, it's like the chat in the pub.

"Sorry, you've gone off football so you have to leave for a few days"

I don't think so!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast