+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Grimsby Town 4/9/18 - now featuring your moderators' exit!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    As has been said, it's like the chat in the pub.
    That's always how I used to base my moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    They'll just stop posting.

I can't see a massive problem. As has been said, it's like the chat in the pub.

"Sorry, you've gone off football so you have to leave for a few days"

I don't think so!
    It'll stop three posters I think from hijacking threads and the rest of us can then get one with keeping on topic (and yes, I understand the irony of this being stated on the match thread!) But how many times has the likes of Elite and Tarquin taken over a thread with their personal fued? It's getting boring and something needs to be done about it, maybe when people learn to not take threads off track, we will have new posters come on, I know loads of people who refuse to interact on here because it's just pointless. Either we carry on and the forum dies or change track and try something new that will re*****ise the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I know loads of people who refuse to interact on here because it's just pointless.
    I think you're just making that up.

Either we carry on and the forum dies or change track and try something new that will re*****ise the forum
    Rubbish. Why would the forum die when it's existed like this for years? If you became a mod the forum would definitely die, because it seems you would moderate on the basis of personal likes, dislikes and opinions rather than Footymad rules. Just because you don't like someone or something doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same.

That's the way they decided to moderate on the Forest forum and it killed it stone dead in no time at all.

It'll stop three posters I think from hijacking threads and the rest of us can then get one with keeping on topic (and yes, I understand the irony of this being stated on the match thread!) But how many times has the likes of Elite and Tarquin taken over a thread with their personal fued? It's getting boring and something needs to be done about it, maybe when people learn to not take threads off track, we will have new posters come on, I know loads of people who refuse to interact on here because it's just pointless. Either we carry on and the forum dies or change track and try something new that will re*****ise the forum
    I am much happier reading stuff that goes O/T although the personal feuds get tedious.

However, I would much rather read stuff that goes a bit off at a tangent rather than posts that are just constantly any reason to have a go at the club and owner at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you're just making that up.

Rubbish. Why would the forum die when it's existed like this for years? If you became a mod the forum would definitely die, because it seems you would moderate on the basis of personal likes, dislikes and opinions rather than Footymad rules. Just because you don't like someone or something doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same.

That's the way they decided to moderate on the Forest forum and it killed it stone dead in no time at all.
    No, look how inactive this forum has become, and it's not just down to more people using Twitter and Facebook. People see this forum as a laughing stock because of the lack of football related content. And when we do get it, it goes into who wants to have a personal fued and generally it involves you elite, it's just stupid and it really needs to stop. If I was a mod I'd stick to the rules and moderate to the letter of the rules. Swale and Cher have done a great job to be hair but they are very hands off and it results in what we have now. Frye forest board was aggressively moderated, I'd moderate to the rules, I'd put a sticky at the top saying these are the rules, and here are the consequences for breaching them. When you get banned, you'll get a message stating why you were banned and it'll quote the rules broken. That's not going to kill the board, what's going to kill the board is you and whoever you want to have a personal fued with today is. You're just scared of the ban hammer coming down, if you don't want to be banned, play nice

Suggestion, can we have two boards? One for football and one for the non football? Then when we go on the match thread, it's football related and not two people having an argument about non football related matters? Anyone breaching the rule could then be banned? Is this a simple solution to a growing problem here?
    Can we also have a board for gardening, or would that come under non-football?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    May as well have a schitzo board for the schitzo posters. I like reading tarquin's football posts, I think he talks a lot of sense and has good insight. But boy get him off topic and he's a complete t0sser.
    I like reading Tarquin's and Elite's posts, but it's when they get arguing together it gets tedious.

No, look how inactive this forum has become, and it's not just down to more people using Twitter and Facebook. People see this forum as a laughing stock because of the lack of football related content.
    Firstly, this forum hasn't become inactive. I would bet post numbers are similar to what they've been for years. Secondly, how do you know that "People see this forum as a laughing stock because of the lack of football related content"? You don't, it's something you're just making up because it's the way you think. This forum has lasted for years as by far the most popular Notts forum based on a strange mix of the weird and wonderful. It's obvious from what you're saying that you would run the board based on what you do or don't like.

You would be a disaster as a mod, because you sound exactly like the Forest nutters who ruined their board.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Can we also have a board for gardening, or would that come under non-football?
    A gardening board is a good idea. We also need a gambling board, a spelling and grammar board, and definitely a political board with Brexit and non-Brexit subsections. Probably a separate board just for me and tarquin (which would get more views than any others despite no-one being interested) and maybe a board for seriouspie to tell us weekly just how good he was at selling pebble crushing machines.

Any I've missed?

What’s so hard about reading stuff you want to, and not reading stuff you don’t?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast