+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gauthier Ganaye interview Transfer update

Personally i think it's a load of bollox & was hatched in some modern football seminars for new managers/coaches [Johnson a typical nouveau example] It's the way of the " modern" world not just in football
    Think back to the Liverpool team of the 80's/90's
    Keegan Dalglish Toshack Heighway Rush Souness Beardsley etc
    Never gave you a minute on the ball & fizzed the ball around at great speed with great control
    That was a style of football that today [with the new classroom jargon]that you could describe as geggenpress
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 05-09-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think SBRed is reight though Pass. I wouldn't call gegenpress a philosophy. We aren't reinventing the wheel signing younger players and adopting a high pressing style. That's just the style of modern football that gets the best results. I'm sure if Flitcroft and Hecky hadn't left the style that got them the success that wasn't so dissimilar we wouldn't be where we are now. However, it is what it is mate.

I totally agree what tha saying mate. However, i think thaz slightly misunderstood my post. What I meant was that should GG leave for pastures new then his replacement should carry on with the clubs philosophy instead of changing lots of things. That also applies to the Head coach position too should Stendel and his team leave the club.

New contracts offered to players in last year of contract, do you guys think we have offered decent money to keep them or will it be a massive turn around in January

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I totally agree what tha saying mate. However, i think thaz slightly misunderstood my post. What I meant was that should GG leave for pastures new then his replacement should carry on with the clubs philosophy instead of changing lots of things. That also applies to the Head coach position too should Stendel and his team leave the club.
    True Pass I agree mate. I'll just add this regarding the philosophy or structure. If the board and ceo are fitting into a set structure and remit over how they want the head coach to try and get his team to play. How long before if that said coach deviates from that plan or way of playing and results go down the sh1tter do they act. I'm referring to Hecky mostly here. Who adopted a moreconservative approach.
    Last edited by Ponte_Steve24; 07-09-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    True Pass I agree mate. I'll just add this regarding the philosophy or structure. If the board and ceo are fitting into a set structure and remit over how they want the head coach to try and get his team to play. How long before if that said coach deviates from that plan or way of playing and results go down the sh1tter do they act. I'm referring to Hecky mostly here. Who adopted a moreconservative approach.
    It depends on which division tha in mate and the quality within the squad sort of dictates how the Head coach sets about his action plan. Hecky chose the system he felt gave us the best chance of survival with the players he had at his disposal last season. It wasn't great to watch admittedly but we were steady.

To avoid another situation like that is to keep turnover in players to a minimum which keeps a natural momentum going. Hecky had a total revamp to deal with in the summer of 2017, it was always going to be a huge challenge, especially in the championship.

It's GG's job to get the key players signed up on sensible long term contracts. If bids come in for them then we are at least in a strong position to get a justified transfer fee. I think we'll see this kind of example with Kieffer Moore in the January transfer window, he's here long term so we can name our price.

It depends on which division tha in mate and the quality within the squad sort of dictates how the Head coach sets about his action plan. Hecky chose the system he felt gave us the best chance of survival with the players he had at his disposal last season. It wasn't great to watch admittedly but we were steady.

To avoid another situation like that is to keep turnover in players to a minimum which keeps a natural momentum going. Hecky had a total revamp to deal with in the summer of 2017, it was always going to be a huge challenge, especially in the championship.

It's GG's job to get the key players signed up on sensible long term contracts. If bids come in for them then we are at least in a strong position to get a justified transfer fee. I think we'll see this kind of example with Kieffer Moore in the January transfer window, he's here long term so we can name our price.
    Hindsight's a wonderful thing but I wish Hecky ad' played with either Gardner or Williams instead of both and had played Mallan, Mowatt or Moncur alongside. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    New contracts offered to players in last year of contract, do you guys think we have offered decent money to keep them or will it be a massive turn around in January
    Article in The Yorkshire Post alluding to your post Kev .

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...time-1-9338311

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post

To hazard a guess I'd say the players offered a contract extension would be offered money reflecting the clubs present league position. If the deals are on the table then its up to the players concerned to either sign them or not. If they do sign then great, if not then we should be looking for their replacements. Its as simple as that for me mate.

To hazard a guess I'd say the players offered a contract extension would be offered money reflecting the clubs present league position. If the deals are on the table then its up to the players concerned to either sign them or not. If they do sign then great, if not then we should be looking for their replacements. Its as simple as that for me mate.
    What stops us from becoming a serious player in the championship is our inability to keep hold of our better players .

We seem to have a handle on discovering talent , last season was purely a case of far too much to do in one season and a coaching team initially bewildered by the job in hand, understandable and someone who simply didn't have a clue .

A chain of events occurred and yet for all that we were within two minutes of pulling it off .

I'm kind of thinking it was a break , a good thing and a bigger picture .

League one is where this plan seems to have a history of prosperity , the last crop went from rock bottom of league one to 7th in the championship in 12 months , remarkable , but it had it's learning curve at an easier level .

The club needs to decide what it wants to be , we can carry on drifting between the championship and league one OR we can start a project with young players that can possibly take us to another level .

We can keep on selling our better players and stay as we are or we can shake the dice and do a Huddersfield , Burnley , Watford or Bournemouth , clubs who aren't that much bigger than we are .

Somebody sometime is going to have to decide which way this is going , it needs to be leading somewhere .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What stops us from becoming a serious player in the championship is our inability to keep hold of our better players .

We seem to have a handle on discovering talent , last season was purely a case of far too much to do in one season and a coaching team initially bewildered by the job in hand, understandable and someone who simply didn't have a clue .

A chain of events occurred and yet for all that we were within two minutes of pulling it off .

I'm kind of thinking it was a break , a good thing and a bigger picture .

League one is where this plan seems to have a history of prosperity , the last crop went from rock bottom of league one to 7th in the championship in 12 months , remarkable , but it had it's learning curve at an easier level .

The club needs to decide what it wants to be , we can carry on drifting between the championship and league one OR we can start a project with young players that can possibly take us to another level .

We can keep on selling our better players and stay as we are or we can shake the dice and do a Huddersfield , Burnley , Watford or Bournemouth , clubs who aren't that much bigger than we are .

Somebody sometime is going to have to decide which way this is going , it needs to be leading somewhere .
    My thoughts exactly. Renewing int cheap mate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12