+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unfit players

... my understanding is that Eddie left to study full time in order to gain the formal qualifications needed to carry out the role he was doing unqualified - someone tell me if that's not the case.
    On a wider note, the expression 'praise in public; boll..kings in private' applies in football as well as in other aspects in life. Maybe NCFC should have that sign placed in various offices at ML.

Daddy Kewell will be under no illusion now as to the task he has in getting this lot to perform again.

I'm not sure it is mainly fitness that is the issue, it is more than that, attitude, psychological and mental strength appear to be issues also along with a very busy medical room.

Unfortunately this does suggest problems with the way players have been managed generally over recent times. As HK alluded to in his first interview for the club yesterday, things might not be happening for you on the pitch but it doesn't stop you working hard regardless. I have some comfort in that if he walks the talk he will turn this around and when he does there is the making of a very competitive and entertaining team to come from it. If he doesn't i will be searching this post and deleting asap!

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Oh Dear. There's a few turncoats now on KN and Norm. Do you really think Edwards was a worthwhile fitness coach, he had no experience whatsoever in the role and maybe KN didn't think he was up to the job. Lets see if Harry gets them fit and starts to win games, he'd be better keeping his comments to himself, shouldn't take long to get them fit.
    Edwards was training to be a sports scientist/fitness stuff whilst at Carlisle, he very much was qualified and did a cracking job. Edwards left of his own accord after turning down the opportunity to stay? Maybe we should get Curtis Hall in to get them fit?

I don’t think HK was saying the players are unfit, more that they are not fit enough to play the way he wants them too. As evidenced last night, pressing high up the pitch requires players to have a higher level of fitness than a team that just sits back behind the ball and waits for a mistake. Teams like Barca, Liverpool, Bayern and Citeh all press high up, sprinting to get the ball back for 90 minutes, yet not all teams in England, Germany and Spain can do it, simply because of fitness. Those teams have bigger squads of top quality players.
    Personally, I think most of our fitness issues are due to the not fit for purpose pre season friendlies, only Luton would have been beneficial.
    Gone are the days we would see Notts players at an army camp in pre season, instead they are jumping off inflatables at Holme Pierrepoint.

Oh Dear. There's a few turncoats now on KN and Norm. Do you really think Edwards was a worthwhile fitness coach, he had no experience whatsoever in the role and maybe KN didn't think he was up to the job. Lets see if Harry gets them fit and starts to win games, he'd be better keeping his comments to himself, shouldn't take long to get them fit.
    Oh dear. An expert in which youth players should be kept, goalkeepers and now fitness coaching.

Perhaps you should apply for a job at ML!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... my understanding is that Eddie left to study full time in order to gain the formal qualifications needed to carry out the role he was doing unqualified - someone tell me if that's not the case.
    On a wider note, the expression 'praise in public; boll..kings in private' applies in football as well as in other aspects in life. Maybe NCFC should have that sign placed in various offices at ML.
    He has gone to work in America.....

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Oh dear. An expert in which youth players should be kept, goalkeepers and now fitness coaching.

Perhaps you should apply for a job at ML!

Toilet cleaners job already filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Edwards was training to be a sports scientist/fitness stuff whilst at Carlisle, he very much was qualified and did a cracking job. Edwards left of his own accord after turning down the opportunity to stay? Maybe we should get Curtis Hall in to get them fit?
    So what qualifications does he have Balti. I wish Curtis Hall was here he's better than the current custodians.

So what qualifications does he have Balti. I wish Curtis Hall was here he's better than the current toilet cleaners.
    What? You think Curtis Hall is better than the current toilet cleaners ?

So what qualifications does he have Balti. I wish Curtis Hall was here he's better than the current custodians.
    Well he has a degree in sport science and didn't do a bad job keeping us fit last year, the amount of comebacks we staged with 90 minutes goals shows we were fit last season. Just note, Edwards left before this season so now we are unfit and he's left might just show you something don't you think?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast