+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eoin Jess

I was in the Merkland as a loon aswell when he got injured and remarked to my brother before it happened that they where going to break his leg given the industrial tackles that he was receiving. C:nts. Different game then.
    Apparently Jess lives in Spain now working in the property business but its dried up given the state of the Spanish economy and the impending brexit shambles looming.
    Portsoy loon wasnt he.

Edit: what a fkng player he was especially v the huns
    Last edited by DodHagi; 08-09-2018 at 07:22 AM. Reason: To state the obvious

My season ticket seat used to be right next to where they put all the wags so sometimes sat next to Jess's girlfriend (at the time). She used to get really bent out of shape when crowd gave Jess abuse (when he was a youngster first time around) so just goes to show that it's not only the usual suspects that get abuse - we are equally capable of giving our better players a hard time

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I’m not sure, with the merry go round of English fitba management changes on a weekly basis it would be hard to hold down a role coaching, I think he moved overseas, regardless, a fine loon/player and that f@cking goal and the keepie ups !!

SF
    Lives in Barcelona and works as a property developer now as far as I recall from an interview I read a couple of years ago.

Hard to believe he got stick during that period. We really do have some absolute fkng w@nkers in our support. My pal whos aboot 15yr older than me says Billy Stark used to get dogs abuse as a young dons player from some dons fans. I do remember as a kid not understanding why Robert Conner and Paul Kane used to get a lot of stick from dons fans. Maybe i wasnt understanding the game as much as the mannies giving our own lads pelters eh..

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Hard to believe he got stick during that period. We really do have some absolute fkng w@nkers in our support. My pal whos aboot 15yr older than me says Billy Stark used to get dogs abuse as a young dons player from some dons fans. I do remember as a kid not understanding why Robert Conner and Paul Kane used to get a lot of stick from dons fans. Maybe i wasnt understanding the game as much as the mannies giving our own lads pelters eh..
    Connor certainly wasn't the most popular Dons player of the time (Anyone remember the "Bobby's Blouse'" cartoon from The Northern Light)? Although how anyone could ever give Bobby Connor abuse is completely beyond me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Indeed, sadly it tends to happen with certain posters......we could be discussing what was your favourite goal into the old Beachend and lo and behold the usual suspects would pop up and derail the thread with their thoughts about our current coach
    ZZzzzzz

SF
    You can hardly talk min,you are always derailing threads by going on about going to play golf or going to the bookies or the pub

Anyway back on topic,Eoin Jess was a great player,as has been said he was never the same after the leg break but still a great player.

Kind of left on a sour note with the Davie Provan interview to engineer a move out of the club which was a shame.
    Last edited by rico94; 08-09-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I saw that interview,cringe worthy to say the least.

I’m pretty sure he is originally from your neck of the woods.
    Newmacher was it nae?

Never had the wit he was born with.

I'm sure (apropos the square root of fu ck all) Jess was vegitarian, but I have no idea how or why I know that.

****in mong. dirty ******* playin fitba at breaks inna

Good to hear this about Jess, a club legend.

Remember when he first broke into the side (Skol Cup Final may have been his first appearance) and was interviewed on tv. The young Portsoy loon spoke with a weegie twang and the story goes he got ridiculed by his team mates for it. Happy to say he soon wised up and spoke "properly" after that.

Scored some great goals for us. Several spring to mind, particularly a couple versus the hun and one down at hearts where he made Dave MacPherson (whatever happened to him?) look like the donkey he was. Also remember the Coca Cola Cup semi-final v the hun where he played keepie-uppy and totally upstaged Gazza.

Was absolutely gutted when he broke his leg as not only was he in his prime at the time but he was also a key player for us in what was potentially a very successful season under WM.

When he moved down to England, I thought Coventry was the wrong team for him as they were always going to be battling relegation, which didn't suit his silky style. Think things could have worked out differently if he never broke his leg and continued his upward spiral with possibly a move to one of the better English teams. Obviously would have preferred him to stay with us but I think he was always destined to end up down south.

It wasn't all good, as is often the case with club legends. As I recall, his second spell with us ended sourly when he badmouthed the club on the eve of a game v the hun, which p!ssed a few people including myself off at the time as I think he could have at least waited a day or two to say what he said. He must have known the negative affect it would have had on the team and the fans who loved him. All has been forgiven over time though, and I think most people only remember the many great moments of brilliance he gave us.

Well done loon!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast