+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sam Roscoe

Sam Roscoe

Sam Roscoe is staying with Alloa till the end of the season.
    Not exactly big news but I mentioned him a couple of weeks ago.

I think he could well end up another great player for us.

I've been impressed so far but those in the know have been even more impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Sam Roscoe is staying with Alloa till the end of the season.
    Not exactly big news but I mentioned him a couple of weeks ago.

I think he could well end up another great player for us.

I've been impressed so far but those in the know have been even more impressed.
    I have heard mixed reports but the lad is young and is at least playing against men and not boys. For the most part he has been very good but against a few better strikers in the league he has really struggled. Shankland especially gave him a torrid time but in fairness he has given everyone in that league a shoeing.

Its all about those around you as well when you are that age, mixing it on a regular basis is exactly what he needs, its like McKenna when he went out on loan, all its about is getting game time with proper mannies.

I'm with Aldo in thinking he is a very good prospect.

Alloa on a very decent run at the moment which will do his confidence no harm, if I am right in thinking that Alloa are still Part Time that must be quite a tough gig going out to a Part Time club on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Its all about those around you as well when you are that age, mixing it on a regular basis is exactly what he needs, its like McKenna when he went out on loan, all its about is getting game time with proper mannies.

Alloa on a very decent run at the moment which will do his confidence no harm, if I am right in thinking that Alloa are still Part Time that must be quite a tough gig going out to a Part Time club on loan?
    I think Alloa are the only part time team in that league.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I have heard mixed reports but the lad is young and is at least playing against men and not boys. For the most part he has been very good but against a few better strikers in the league he has really struggled. Shankland especially gave him a torrid time but in fairness he has given everyone in that league a shoeing.
    More importantly, what does the father in law think of him?

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post

They are kind of part time. They have full time management.

McKenna was there before and he's done ok since despite being fairly anonymous at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    More importantly, what does the father in law think of him?

I haven’t asked him about Roscoe (he wouldn’t have heard of him anyway) but the full back that was somehow linked with us isn’t worth perusing. Mind you I said not to expect much from Forrester and Gleeson and no one listened.