+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Eoin Jess

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Kano suffered from refusing to hide when others more talented did, when 6 broke up the squad in 1994, and we ended up missing relegation via a play-off. He always made himself available for a pass, and others hiding, allied to his NOT having Bett’s surging pace or vision, made him visible, and an easy target for the hard-of-thinking. Sometimes standing up to be counted is more important than bottle-merchant prima donna preening.

Kano’s goal at Ibrox, Mason?
    Decent sort Kano, nowhere near as good as Jess mind you, regardless, he never left anything out on the pitch and that is what counts........that aside, on the tee in under 2 hours in the riviera and then a small punt on a wire I was given thru the week.......no disrespect to Eoin though on this thread.....a fine loon and one who told the defunct club to do one.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Kano’s goal at Ibrox, Mason?
    That’s the one. Brazil 1970 build up with the most convincing finish you’ll ever see.

https://twitter.com/bytheminafc/stat...482133504?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That’s the one. Brazil 1970 build up with the most convincing finish you’ll ever see.

https://twitter.com/bytheminafc/stat...482133504?s=21
    As great a goal it was, Duncan Shearers overhead v the pikeys at the Dick End was better

^^^

I could watch that all day.

EDIT: Aye, masons link although I'm sure Pacmans goal is worth a watch to.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    ^^^

I could watch that all day.

EDIT: Aye, masons link although I'm sure Pacmans goal is worth a watch to.
    I can never find a link

That’s some goal at Ibrox

I can’t even remember it.

Either there and pished or at home festooned with young kids

28 years to the day since he dismantled Dunfermline. Best performance I’ve ever seen from an Aberdeen player

28 years to the day since he dismantled Dunfermline. Best performance I’ve ever seen from an Aberdeen player
    That long ago, he tore a few teams a new one up here over the years, class player.

Aye - some performance by some player.

Best individual performance I’ve ever seen - Dougie Bell at home vs Waterschei takes some beating.

Mind Kane’s goal too. Wisna there but remember I was sitting in the Kirkgate bar having a pint that day with headphones listening to the game on a Walkman. Just about hit the roof when the ball hit the net. Strange stares all round 😂
    Happy days...

It's a shame we were so relentlessly sh*te during his second spell here. Hard to think of many bright spots in supporting the Dons during that period.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast