+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Eoin Jess

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Thats the one. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at them that night. Goram's performance that night is one of the best i have ever seen from a goalkeeper and that game was pivotal towards the huns winning the league that year. A very decent Dons team none the less. Unfortunately as you pointed out we couldn't find the same level of consistency the following season. Rangers were absolutely there for the taking and we blew it. One of the biggest missed oportunities in our history and even all these years later i still always feel a wee bit of anger when i think back to that season.
    That was the last season of 2pts for a win. Quick look at Wikipedia shows that we only lost 6 games in a 44 game season conceding only 36 goals but we drew 21 matches.

We had plenty of firepower as we had shown in the previous season but we probably lacked the experience to be frontrunners. When we were chasing the h*ns the previous season every game became a must win and we had nothing to lose. Far more incentive to settle for a draw back then which probably cost us the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    What a stupid observation there’s plenty of great players who didn’t win much in their career however the same can’t be said of great managers
    Definition of a “great manager” please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Definition of a “great manager” please?
    Multiple trophies in competitive leagues, able to get great performances out of players, good eye for talent and able to develop players

Multiple trophies in competitive leagues, able to get great performances out of players, good eye for talent and able to develop players
    Well done, that has narrowed it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Well done, that has narrowed it down a bit.
    At the risk of going off topic yes jack there will be many traits of a great manager otherwise every manager would be great not really difficult to understand I take it your just getting home from a night on the sauce

At the risk of going off topic yes jack there will be many traits of a great manager otherwise every manager would be great not really difficult to understand I take it your just getting home from a night on the sauce
    Wayhay......true to form a mention of the demon drink Zzzzzz.....did not take long did it? Now that you have as I said, narrowed it down, of which I recognise, would it be possible to enlighten us with names of some “great managers” in your opinion.

I certainly admire many managers past/present.....some unlike our current coach have never won a trophy.....never mind multiple trophies.....

SF

Oh....btw....Jess was a great player

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678