+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eoin Jess

Eoin Jess

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...-hall-of-fame/

To be inducted into the hall of fame

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...-hall-of-fame/

To be inducted into the hall of fame
    And quite rightly so.

Was a class act during his time with us.

SF

He was a great young player but his career didn't quite take-off as it could have...unfortunately that's what led him back to Pittodrie in 1997 just as some of the darkest days were beginning, culminating, imo, to what should've been relegation in 1999/00. I know the rules were in place, but I thought we were the worst team in the league that season and we should've dropped down...

However, lest we forget his mature performance in the 1989 Skol Cup Final, where after two near misses in 87 & 88, we finally beat the died Rangers and their made men (referees). Jess gave a calm and assured performance during a tense & hard battle...

He was never the same player after he broke his leg.

Who can forget the keepy ups in the semi against rangers in 95. Watched it in a pub full of huns in Spain. Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    He was never the same player after he broke his leg.
    He was the best player of his generation up until that injury, in a team that was already blessed with attacking talents (unlike the current one). Should and would have won the league that year if it wasn't for his injury. People talk wrongly about some of the recent Aberdeen sides being great - that 92/93 side was a right good team.

It wasn't even a particularily bad leg break, he was only out for about 3 months. Maybe it affected him mentally or something. Then he started playing in midfield, which was a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It wasn't even a particularily bad leg break, he was only out for about 3 months. Maybe it affected him mentally or something. Then he started playing in midfield, which was a waste.
    Except that he almost single-handedly kept us from relegation on at least one occasion playing in midfield, his true position.

I still remember listening to the radio with my dad when he scored that goal at Ibrox

Still to this day i cant believe Chic Youngs reaction. Properly waxing lyrical which is nae like him when it came to those dodos. Shouting it was goal of the season if not the decade

That goal was on my birthday 11/11

Also if you type Eoin Jess into Youtube the first thing that comes up is "Eoin Jess v Rangers"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast