+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bradley Dack

Our attendance's were dropping by the season when we were last in the premier league. Even uefa cup football was met with a lack of enthusiasm. Once you've been a top flight club for any length of time, the novelty wears off once you realise you can't compete for honours.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    sussed as in .....we know they will come and put 10 men behind the ball, and not bother attacking once.
    So a manager has to find a way of beating a side intent on going for a nil nil. In a game of football, you need two teams to play, for it to be a spectacle worth watching for the fans. If one refuses, and camps in one half for 90 mins, its dreadful. And its taken a few sides time to work out how to get results against that.
    You watched Wimbeldon in the 80's? This isn't new Auks, its been used for donkies years. Refusal to play football.
    I remember them giving us stick when Allardyce was at Rovers, saying they couldn't put up with that, as it was rubbish to watch.
    As long as I have been watching football there has always been the majority of sides wanting to try play football. Its an entertainment business at the end of the day. A game.
    And there has always been one or two sides who refuse to do that, and its normally awful to watch. But it may painfully get results. But it will always be sussed in the end by decent coaches with a game plan. Good sides will eventually suss out how to play against them.
    They wont be finishing 7th this season mate, I will guarantee you that. If they where this amazing fresh unit, they would be progressing surley?
    Havent they lost every match apart from one draw thus far? Sussed .......
    I'm not arguing about style, Champs, but most supporters are more interested in success than flair. I think Sam's tenure proved that. To some extent, success comes from using the material available to its best advantage. (Remember Howard Kendall's team?) I think Dyche is excellent at that. I wouldn't expect them to finish in the top half again, but he does turn out mentally tough players and that can take you a long way. A number of other clubs have made a better start, but the PL will almost certainly turn into the familiar scenario: 12 teams battling to avoid relegation. In that context, I think Dyche is better equipped than most to find a way to survive.
    As Alf says, I don't think the average Burnley supporter will be bothered by the METHODS used!
    After all, quite a few Rovers fans were not happy when TM persisted with two holding midfielders last season. The more rational ones said, "Well it worked!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Our attendance's were dropping by the season when we were last in the premier league. Even uefa cup football was met with a lack of enthusiasm. Once you've been a top flight club for any length of time, the novelty wears off once you realise you can't compete for honours.
    Realistically, though, Saxo, it IS all about the money (and the prestige). In any case, every supporter wants his/her club to get to the PL, simply because a league system means you are ALWAYS trying to get as high as possible.
    I know I'm actually going to ENJOY the Championship more, and it is - if we're honest - probably where a club of our size belongs. All the same, if we're in a position to challenge for promotion in April/May, I'll be rooting for victories, the same as everybody else!

I think if we ever get back to the premier league, our attendance's will never break above around 16,000 home fans again. That's roughly the figure I'd estimate we can aspire to, short of some Arab sheikh coming in and giving us the funds to compete for trophies again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I think if we ever get back to the premier league, our attendance's will never break above around 16,000 home fans again. That's roughly the figure I'd estimate we can aspire to, short of some Arab sheikh coming in and giving us the funds to compete for trophies again.
    Probably more for teams like United, City and Liverpool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)