+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rafa and u21s....

Rafa and u21s....

Seems like he did good business letting 18 of them leave.....

Pboro explain....

he let under 23s go not under 21s

if you were a real toon fan you would have remembered that

under 23,s /reserve players

keep up
    theres a good boy

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he let under 23s go not under 21s

if you were a real toon fan you would have remembered that

under 23,s /reserve players

keep up
    theres a good boy
    Mr mistake mr newcastle united...

That was the whole fecking point. He let go ALL of the players who had reached as far as they were going too.

Last seasons under 23 team was dreadful, there was nowhere for tgem to go.

They were released, allowing the younger players to move up a level, increasing their chances of developement.

Nothing radical, shocking, genius or sinister involved.

The club had too many players that were at the end of tgeir contracts and were not worthy of new contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    That was the whole fecking point. He let go ALL of the players who had reached as far as they were going too.

Last seasons under 23 team was dreadful, there was nowhere for tgem to go.

They were released, allowing the younger players to move up a level, increasing their chances of developement.

Nothing radical, shocking, genius or sinister involved.

The club had too many players that were at the end of tgeir contracts and were not worthy of new contracts.
    Not disagreeing with any of that
    But when you get a bear baiting thread and the facts aren't correct it points out how some fools will try and heap praise on a desperate manager

What's the point in having a reserve , under 21 team that plays positive footy and a manager of the first that plays completely different footy

Not disagreeing with any of that
    But when you get a bear baiting thread and the facts aren't correct it points out how some fools will try and heap praise on a desperate manager

What's the point in having a reserve , under 21 team that plays positive footy and a manager of the first that plays completely different footy
    So I take it you understand now why many of the under 23's were released, as they weren't good enough to make the step up.

Keep up with the show man.

I never said any different
    i said why get rid of so many so quick when he could have done it in stages and that it wasnt priority
    the first team were
    when the spread sheet fools keep saying where has the money gone tec
    you dont get 18 young players for nothing
    a knaw

they too cost mney to get in and we actually pay them and their agents

where does this money come from

yep you guessed it

the sale of players

18 players on between 2-5 k a week some more plus agents and signing on fees

i appreciate the ones left would be getting paid ,but just the agents fees on 18 players would be quite a lot

i appreciate the ones left would be getting paid ,but just the agents fees on 18 players would be quite a lot
    About £50M........?

Quote Originally Posted by ASHLEY OUT View Post
    About £50M........?
    i would say factoringin wages and agents fees that wouldnt be far off a third to half of it

then the people coaching them

does the youth set up cost us a mill a week
    probabaly not

but it has to be taken into consideration

i would say factoringin wages and agents fees that wouldnt be far off a third to half of it

then the people coaching them

does the youth set up cost us a mill a week
    probabaly not

but it has to be taken into consideration
    We let 18 go i dont think we brought many in so wages will probably be less... And agent fees wont be much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)