+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wes Hoolahan

Wes Hoolahan

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...ninth-15113605
    Whatever happened to reducing the age of our squad?

Also rumoured to be in for Russell Martin,

I can't get my head around it to be honest. I understood the Mears signing. But f Barnes were to get injured, we've got Morrison/Phillips/Leko/Burke/JRod who could all play in that position.

We need a bit of cover in defence, but why not resign Gmac who knows the club and the players and has never let us down? If they're on short term deals then I suppose it offers us cover, but still seems a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Also rumoured to be in for Russell Martin,

I can't get my head around it to be honest. I understood the Mears signing. But f Barnes were to get injured, we've got Morrison/Phillips/Leko/Burke/JRod who could all play in that position.

We need a bit of cover in defence, but why not resign Gmac who knows the club and the players and has never let us down? If they're on short term deals then I suppose it offers us cover, but still seems a bit odd.
    It seems we are giving these I played for the Albion caps away for buttons

I read this on newsnow and read that the bham mail were quoting another website but essentially saying we had him on trial.

It is always the same, we had chamakh and that injury prone ex arsenal player on trial.

Personally i wish we would pursue free agent james collins.

I wish we would spend some real money and show some intent. How do you "Build" a squad with short term freebies?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I wish we would spend some real money and show some intent. How do you "Build" a squad with short term freebies?

You can't which is why we have no ambition and are where we are! Wolves on the other hand have over passed us and showing the opposite! If you get rid of a manager or player/s then you would expect a replacement of more quality but sadly in both cases, this has not happened, and again, we are where we are as a result. I honestly don't feel we will get promotion, and if this is the case, it's tragic! I also feel the Vile, will get stronger now their new owners mean business, if not in the short term but definitely when the dust settles. But hey, Friday night in Brum on the piss and going to Preston, will be different!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    If you get rid of a manager or player/s then you would expect a replacement of more quality but sadly in both cases, this has not happened, and again, we are where we are as a result.

Spot on Al. Getting rid of Alan Irvine was a disaster. The next 2 managers bored us, and failed us.
    Hopefully Moore will continue to improve as a manager and get us going again.

To me it says Moore is just a puppet. He told G Mac that he would keep him on, then had to tell him that the board had a problem with his age. Then we go for three players with a combined age of over 100.
    The reason i was upset with the Moore appointment was because i knew he was cheap and would be easy to manipulate.
    Could you have seen Dean Smith putting up with this shyte?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    To me it says Moore is just a puppet. He told G Mac that he would keep him on, then had to tell him that the board had a problem with his age. Then we go for three players with a combined age of over 100.
    The reason i was upset with the Moore appointment was because i knew he was cheap and would be easy to manipulate.
    Could you have seen Dean Smith putting up with this shyte?
    What the same Dean Smith who has managed at the heady heights of Walsall and Brentford, and puts up with that moneyball bollux and selling all his best player?

Ive always liked Hoolahan.

Had a brilliant season in 88-89.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)