+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your ist away game

What was your ist away game

Mine was Leicester 1962- 63 season.

26 Dec 1962 Wolves 0-2 (Abandoned) Some Christmas treat that was. It was perishingly cold and I passed out and was taken to the boot room to recover. Not a nice day

Villa Park in about '66 Went down on a Sealandair double decker bus !!

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    26 Dec 1962 Wolves 0-2 (Abandoned) Some Christmas treat that was. It was perishingly cold and I passed out and was taken to the boot room to recover. Not a nice day
    Same game. Got home to Leominster round about midnight. The points on the rail track kept freezing up and had to be manually de-iced. As you say, not the best of days.

Burnley 1959 won’t can’t remember score,on the train from the old spon lane station.

Probably Villa around 1958 or 9 but I don't remember.
    I know I was at the 1957 cup semi-final as I have a photo.
    Name:  1957.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  118.2 KB

Smashing photo, Chris. (Which one is you?)

My 1st (excl. Villa/Blues) was Stoke 1965 - great day out, playing up on the train, but I think we lost 2-0.

I don't know that bloke behind me but he seems to be giving me an odd look! Worried me for years that has, he's probably only looking at the cameraman. Here's more, from the evening paper of the time. 21 months old! Wasn't a true away match as it was on a neutral ground. I was at the Hawthorns whilst in the womb so I'm told. Don't remember it though.

Name:  1957 - Copy.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  98.3 KB
    Last edited by holmleighchris; 06-09-2018 at 07:51 AM.

The first i can remember is Blackpool, March 1960, lost 1-2. I think Matthews played. Mom and dad took me, we went on a Friday night and and stayed the weekend.

I was also at Goodison for the cup game in 1974. The first game played on a Sunday.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)