+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was your ist away game

Quote Originally Posted by Albie blue View Post
    09/11/76 St Andrews Bomber scored a screamer in a 1 nil win .
    I was there and remember it well. I went with a few mates who were Blues fans.

Only a pup in those days will always remember this game as the days I was introduced to football violence .Watched the first half in disbelief asked my dad what was going on only to be told watch the game. Opposite end to you 55 but what a goal one not to be forgotten

It’s a wonder I went back mine was the 2-4 FA Cup defeat to Woking when Talbot was in charge 😀

Always sipported the Albion before then as some of my mates were Albion fans and I didn’t wanna follow Liverpool or Everton as most others did at school in those days

Had only been to the Hawthorns to watch finals of Saturday/Sunday leagues with my dad and uncles playing before the Woking game

Went up regularly from that season, my uncles and dad were Utd fans and played on weekends so going to the footie wasn’t on the cards, but at 15 I was old enough to go up on my own with mates

Fav player that first season was Tony Ford used to love him, what a player

Can't remember the actual first game I went to but the first I recall fully was away to Spurs in the League Cup in 1970 I think. A night match, I went with my brother and we lost 5-0. Martin Peters got a hat trick and I cried all the way home on the train. Well quite a bit of the way.

Not that long ago, but given the distance, it’s probably some sort of explanation. West Ham away in November 2005, defeat 1-0, Teddy Sheringham scored.

All in all, 6 away games (4 in the PL; West Ham twice, Arsenal and C Palace and 2 friendlies; one in Sweden (home &#128521 vs Malmö FF and one in Denmark vs FC Copenhagen).

Last away game? Palace in May.

Last away game in the PL? Palace in May, which means I’m ahead of some and on par with some. 😎

I miss read sorry mine was a home game

Name:  IMG_0917.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  46.9 KB

The she ite away in 1981, lost 2-0 in the fog. It seems unbelievable that it was this clear down on the pitch, I was sat at the back of the John Ireland looking into pea soup, mind you, on a clear day I wouldn't have seen much.

I’m struggling to remember. First home was West Ham 1961/2 season. First away was some years later I think.
    I’ve a memory standing with a Bluenose mate at St Andrews with their home fans. Felt very intimidated and frightened to show my allegiance. Think it was a draw ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Mine was Highfield Road Coventry in the Sixties. Ronnie Reece(Rees)? played for Coventry, as it was before we bought him. Got done either 3-0 or 3-1, I can't remember exactly.
    We lost 4-2 in 1967 when Ronnie Rees was a Sky Blue he signed for us in 68 and made his debut at home v Everton we lost 6-2.

We lost 3-1 at Highfield Road in 1969. Anyone remember who played in goal that night?

Was it Ronnie Rees?

Big Jim is the answer. Though I didn't remember it, I looked it up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)