+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: o/t Barnsley, said this before and I will say it again

Barnsley have won the FA Cup and spent a season in the top tier so they beat us in the club rankings.

Matchday experience we beat them though, they need a new stadium or a serious refurbishment.

Any chance of getting this thread back on topic of being off topic

Will be in and around Barnsley from Sunday for a couple of weeks so will report back on the welcome me and Mrs CAM receive. Was fine when I was there in February looking for somewhere for my daughter and grandson to live and it won out easily over Rotherham and Doncaster. There'll be hell to play though if the 'bairn' is developing a Barnsley accent

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Barnsley have won the FA Cup and spent a season in the top tier so they beat us in the club rankings.

Matchday experience we beat them though, they need a new stadium or a serious refurbishment.
    Nowt wrong with Oakwell mate, it's just way too big for them. The only time it gets anywhere near full is when they give Wednesday and Leeds half the ground.

Load of crap. I worked in Barnsley for 7 years meeting hundreds of people. They are just the same as Rotherham and Leeds, where I now live..

Sounds like a woman has just stabbed someone in the town centre.

Not really that surprised after I went the other day, lots of junkies hanging about by that plinth.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Sounds like a woman has just stabbed someone in the town centre.

Not really that surprised after I went the other day, lots of junkies hanging about by that plinth.
    Ran out of cheese and onion pasties in Greggs fire would be my guess and it set off an unfortunate chain of events .

It's been reported the Woman who had the knife was shouting in Arabic!!!!!

Turns out she was from Wombwell but had been on the Special Brew!!

It will have been the friendliest stabbing in the country no doubt.

The bit they've cordoned off is across from that plinth where the junkies/ alchies hang out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-45458356

EDIT: Sound like it wasn't a junkie but someone in a hijab.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-stabb...-kill-11492989
    Last edited by great_fire; 08-09-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast