+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to extend the transfer window

How to extend the transfer window

It seems there is a "legal" way to extend a transfer window. The question is should this be investigated by the FA and/or EFL and action taken if deemed necessary?

It seems the huggers of trees wanted to sign Panagiotis Tachtsidis from Olympiacos. The deal wasn't completed in time for the transfer to go through in this window. Fortunately for the Red Dogs, the 2 clubs have one and the same owner, Evangelos Marinakis. Now, where there is a will, there is a way. Marinakis found that way. He cancelled the lad's Olympiacos contract which made him a free agent. That meant that our near neighbours could sign him immediately rather than having to wait until January..........

You could say, shrewd move. You could also say it is downright cheating made possible by an accident of ownership.

My opinion is that this move is definitely against the spirit of the game and should be looked at by FA/EFL.

Let the dogs sign him then deduct 20 points at the end of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It seems there is a "legal" way to extend a transfer window. The question is should this be investigated by the FA and/or EFL and action taken if deemed necessary?

It seems the huggers of trees wanted to sign Panagiotis Tachtsidis from Olympiacos. The deal wasn't completed in time for the transfer to go through in this window. Fortunately for the Red Dogs, the 2 clubs have one and the same owner, Evangelos Marinakis. Now, where there is a will, there is a way. Marinakis found that way. He cancelled the lad's Olympiacos contract which made him a free agent. That meant that our near neighbours could sign him immediately rather than having to wait until January..........

You could say, shrewd move. You could also say it is downright cheating made possible by an accident of ownership.

My opinion is that this move is definitely against the spirit of the game and should be looked at by FA/EFL.
    I agree MA. I’ve had enough of these seemingly dodgy, overweight, egocentric, foreign owners playing the dual ownership card.
    I mean...we’d never have done anything like that...just ask Jan Ludvik Hyman Binyamin Hoch...disgraceful.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-09-2018 at 08:40 AM.

rA, you do take things to the max well.

At least we paid Oxford for the gems we got from them............. albeit not impossible that the transfers were actually funded by the Daily Mirror Pension Fund although this is pure surmising on my part.

But this happens elsewhere, there have been a number off players over the years ego have their contract cancelled and after becoming a free agent, sign for another club. Obviously, no transfer fee can be involved and that's where one owner of two clubs doesn't lose the players value.

We could mutually agree to terminate Butterfield's, Thorne's or Anya's contract and they could sign for another club, but we would lose the 'value' of that player.

I don't have a problem with it, I suspect that you wouldn't if it was anyone other than the trees involved, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    But this happens elsewhere, there have been a number off players over the years ego have their contract cancelled and after becoming a free agent, sign for another club. Obviously, no transfer fee can be involved and that's where one owner of two clubs doesn't lose the players value.

We could mutually agree to terminate Butterfield's, Thorne's or Anya's contract and they could sign for another club, but we would lose the 'value' of that player.

They’d be daft to agree to that tho with the fortune we’re paying them

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I don't have a problem with it, I suspect that you wouldn't if it was anyone other than the trees involved, MA
    You suspect wrongly GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Yeah what's the problem, according to mistaram these players are crap. Just like all our players.

I think people are missing a different loophole here. An owner could fund a club outside the UK and pay a fortune for a player then do the same transferring for nothing into a UK club and massively reducing the effect of FFP as there would be no transfer fees!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)