+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    what stopping dundee fans leaving early - i think its a great idea they will be on -100 points by season end
    excellent........similar sense of humour to an old banned poster as well

Exactly why they pressurised west coast politicians into repealing the act on fans behaviour. They and their OF mates were shown they were now above the law. Kick the OF out now

Here's another example about how phucked up our game is about dealing with the likes of Septic and their offensive neighbours. The reports below talk about dealing with 'culprits' and crowd trouble, all focusing on the Edinburgh derby and other incidents. None of that should be condoned of course, either, but not once, anywhere, is there any mention of The Greatest Supporters In The World throwing fireworks, (phucking explosives for gawd's sake!) into the opposition end. The whole thing is institutionalised and scandalous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46062287

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46069911

Its a phucking disgrace James. And the picture and video clearly shows kids in area. That to me is worse than the hearts hibs thing regardless of our persuasions across tannadice st.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Its a phucking disgrace James. And the picture and video clearly shows kids in area. That to me is worse than the hearts hibs thing regardless of our persuasions across tannadice st.
    Thats the thing - we've had a right good laugh with the Funsters the last night or two but fundamentally you don't 'hate' them, after all they've chosen to support a Dundee team- in contrast to that lot, most of whom probably got back on the bus to Lochee. This is only a couple of years since their 'Return To The Dark Ages' Boxing Night game at Dens as well.

I have much more respect for the Dundee supporters than they glory hunting toss pots that have never seen the inside of Ibrox or park head
    Like you say half of them will be from lochee spouting their sectarian crap all over one of our anthems

For me personally this song is now tainted and every week that goes by it's now associated with them more and more. I'll no longer be singing it, not that it gets sung much by us now anyway. IMHO, it's had it's time with us and we should move on.

Ha ha, good ain ttt

Don't think so, its been a United anthem for thirty years, obviously you don't have to join in when we sing it but it's known as our song and the lyrics we sing are obviously the normal lyrics

The only reason we haven't sung it much at Tannadice like any other song in recent times is the support has been apathetic, they have chosen a time when we are down and out the way to try and nick it, but we will be back, the positivity is returning and big games will aswell, where this will be belted out by arabs

What will you do when you watch footage back of 2010 final btw, will you skip by vids of 28k arabs singing out in unison etc?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ha ha, good ain ttt

Don't think so, its been a United anthem for thirty years, obviously you don't have to join in when we sing it but it's known as our song and the lyrics we sing are obviously the normal lyrics

The only reason we haven't sung it much at Tannadice like any other song in recent times is the support has been apathetic, they have chosen a time when we are down and out the way to try and nick it, but we will be back, the positivity is returning and big games will aswell, where this will be belted out by arabs

What will you do when you watch footage back of 2010 final btw, will you skip by vids of 28k arabs singing out in unison etc?
    We could do with bringing it back after a goal is scored for starters.

I'm not ashamed of us singing it so why would I skip anything? Like it not it's now going to be associated with them, regardless of the fact we started using it decades before them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)