+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Have You Ever Seen a Ghost?

+1 Holmleighchris

My dad said he'd seen one at the foot of his bed......but I suspect that was one of the after effects of too many Barley wines he was partial to! ��

All a load of cobblers if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    We lived in a haunted house for twenty years, never believed in them before then. Anyone remember the ghost that was said to haunt the Hawthorns in the 60's? Wonder if he's still there?
    What did you see in that haunted house Des?

Saw heard and smelled things Phil. We said nothing to the kids at first because they were young, but they told us they saw things. Even a friend visiting saw two figures in the hall and heard them talking while she was ringing the door bell. My wife was alone and down the garden.
    It wasn't something that occurred regularly, sometimes three years would pass and nothing happened. Then activity would start usually in the Spring and last about a month.
    The house was on the site of an old farm that had stood there for centuries, and had belonged in the past to ironmasters the Feredays and Alfred Hickman amongst them.
    My take on it is that ghosts are a window to the past, that under certain conditions, things can be viewed like an old film.
    They reckon in the future they will be able to tap into the stones of old buildings and be able to hear long ago conversations.
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The Queen is now so old that her f a n n y is officially haunted!
    The Queen is still NOT as old as that joke though uncle Mickey.
    (btw, didn't Frankie Boyle tell that joke on Mock the week ?)

I don't believe but I've seen some things aparitions bottom of bed wife also. Reservoirs where
    worked also when working at local cricket club bar could not get staff work one shift then quit hear children's voices .

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Saw heard and smelled things Phil. We said nothing to the kids at first because they were young, but they told us they saw things. Even a friend visiting saw two figures in the hall and heard them talking while she was ringing the door bell. My wife was alone and down the garden.
    It wasn't something that occurred regularly, sometimes three years would pass and nothing happened. Then activity would start usually in the Spring and last about a month.
    The house was on the site of an old farm that had stood there for centuries, and had belonged in the past to ironmasters the Feredays and Alfred Hickman amongst them.
    My take on it is that ghosts are a window to the past, that under certain conditions, things can be viewed like an old film.
    They reckon in the future they will be able to tap into the stones of old buildings and be able to hear long ago conversations.
    Who knows?
    You need to get off the booze you silly old f a r t.

FFS Des.....you of all people!

Seeing ghosts are a product of a chronic over fertile imagination

If only one person in a family sees things then yes, but not when you try and keep it from the kids and they come and tell you, and even visitors to your house.
    It's reactions like those on here that make people reluctant to discuss, but to be fair, before we moved there i would have said the same as Mick and 53.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)