+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now do the sums. What it's cost us and what could have been

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    Compensation to Crawley, ( enter amount here) £ 400,000........
    Compensation to Nolan and his no 2 ( enter amount here) £............(six figure fee only)
    Having now to employ Paul Hart ( enter amount here) £........... where we didnt need one before.
    Aussie English Interpreter for Kewell . ( enter amount here) £............
    relocation expenses for Kewell and his Pal.

And Why? to Swap someone who ended up !4th in the league, for someone who ended up in the play offs
    ( enter puzzled look here) ???

There were loads of Managers , very good ones out of work we didn't need to pay compo to their clubs for,
    if AH thought that Nolan was at his wits end and couldn't sort it before Christmas

how about This name
    BIG SAM
    cant afford him you say
    , hang on a minute i reckon we are over half a million out of pocket having to settle the above debt.

Did anyone bother to ask him,
    he doesnt need the money at this stage of his life, he begrudgingly accepted 37,000 quid per day pay off from Everton for the time he spent there, circa 5 million.
    but he may of liked the challenge and took the post had we offered that half a million quid in wages.

hes only going to last the statutory 18 months anyway, we would even sack Arsene Wenger after that period of time in the grand meadow lane tradition.

and even if Big Sam didnt want it, mr Neil Warnock might if Cardiff dump him before Christmas, as there not doing too well recently.
    but we will never know will we , as we pulled the trigger far too quickly.

Now do the Sum,s what its cost us and what could of been.
    Is the sort of thing you write after taking monkey dust?

When you want to put a stop to your club's drinking culture, who better to call than the man who drinks pints of wine?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ransfer-sting/

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Is the sort of thing you write after taking monkey dust?
    😆😆😆😆😆😆😆👍

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Its the Chairmans money, he has accumulated it from his business dealings. He does not need us to tell him what to do with it. Personally, I am very very pleased he is investing a lot of it in Notts County.
    So am I. A lot on here have never been involved in business or indeed know what makes a SUCCESSFUL businessman. The main contributor to success is not so much the money made but the individual's sheer hard graft and determination to succeed in whatever his eventual goal may be. Forgetting AH's other business interests which has been the cash cow for Notts, I believe this guy will turn the club around. He's learning and has already admitted he's made mistakes but he knows this as he will have faced mistakes before. The secret is knowing and rectifying such mistakes and my view is that
    AH will do this. Many business people do fail - but others that have that inbuilt pride not to fail - do not.

I'm by no means insinuating that non business owners on here are ignorant, I'm attempting to say that it takes a certain type of person to make things happen, it's an inbuilt mechanism that these people are born with. Derek Pavis had it and so did Jack Dunnett to give two examples connected to the club. Much as I'd love to dream, we'll never reach the Premiership under the sole stewardship of AH but at the very least we'll be back in Division 1 if not this year, certainly the year after.
    Last edited by seriouspie; 06-09-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    So am I. A lot on here have never been involved in business or indeed know what makes a SUCCESSFUL businessman. The main contributor to success is not so much the money made but the individual's sheer hard graft and determination to succeed in whatever his eventual goal may be. Forgetting AH's other business interests which has been the cash cow for Notts, I believe this guy will turn the club around. He's learning and has already admitted he's made mistakes but he knows this as he will have faced mistakes before. The secret is knowing and rectifying such mistakes and my view is that
    AH will do this. Many business people do fail - but others that have that inbuilt pride not to fail - do not.

I'm by no means insinuating that non business owners on here are ignorant, I'm attempting to say that it takes a certain type of person to make things happen, it's an inbuilt mechanism that these people are born with. Derek Pavis had it and so did Jack Dunnett to give two examples connected to the club. Much as I'd love to dream, we'll never reach the Premiership under the sole stewardship of AH but at the very least we'll be back in Division 1 if not this year, certainly the year after.

You never really talk much about how you were a successful businessman, can you tell us more about it?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    I'm by no means insinuating that non business owners on here are ignorant.
    Rubbish, that's exactly what you're insinuating.

You have told me many times that I can't offer a worthwhile opinion because I've never been involved in any big business deals.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You never really talk much about how you were a successful businessman, can you tell us more about it?
    Hello dear Bunter

I never was old chap - in the context I never had the drive, ambition or the inclination to go it alone as a business owner.

I was fortunate though to have the necessary drive to become a successful salesman (Sales Director) which naturally kept me involved with all aspects of turnover & how the top guy's mind worked. Whether that qualifies me as a businessman, I don't know, possibly you could enlighten me? Even the smallest business, whatever it is, must achieve profitable turnover. That's not Rocket Science, is it? So no matey, all I achieved was a comfortable retirement through selling products and helping grow other peoples businesses .......... but it's what gave me job satisfaction.

By the way it wasn't all milk and honey .......... but I think all posters on here who own businesses would certainly agree with my comments, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

You have told me many times that I can't offer a worthwhile opinion because I've never been involved in any big business deals.
    Come on.. when you get a new Mondeo every three years you know you've made it and you deserve a good old patronise every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Come on.. when you get a new Mondeo every three years you know you've made it and you deserve a good old patronise every now and then.
    Never thought of it that way, but now you mention it a new Mondeo isn't something to be sniffed at.

I consider myself well and truly patronised.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

1. I can assure you I wasn't.

2. I've said many times you haven't much idea of business matters, which you haven't. Of course on every other matter you are the
    Kingpin .... we all know that old lad.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast