+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now do the sums. What it's cost us and what could have been

Now do the sums. What it's cost us and what could have been

Compensation to Crawley, ( enter amount here) £ 400,000........
    Compensation to Nolan and his no 2 ( enter amount here) £............(six figure fee only)
    Having now to employ Paul Hart ( enter amount here) £........... where we didnt need one before.
    Aussie English Interpreter for Kewell . ( enter amount here) £............
    relocation expenses for Kewell and his Pal.

And Why? to Swap someone who ended up !4th in the league, for someone who ended up in the play offs
    ( enter puzzled look here) ???

There were loads of Managers , very good ones out of work we didn't need to pay compo to their clubs for,
    if AH thought that Nolan was at his wits end and couldn't sort it before Christmas

how about This name
    BIG SAM
    cant afford him you say
    , hang on a minute i reckon we are over half a million out of pocket having to settle the above debt.

Did anyone bother to ask him,
    he doesnt need the money at this stage of his life, he begrudgingly accepted 37,000 quid per day pay off from Everton for the time he spent there, circa 5 million.
    but he may of liked the challenge and took the post had we offered that half a million quid in wages.

hes only going to last the statutory 18 months anyway, we would even sack Arsene Wenger after that period of time in the grand meadow lane tradition.

and even if Big Sam didnt want it, mr Neil Warnock might if Cardiff dump him before Christmas, as there not doing too well recently.
    but we will never know will we , as we pulled the trigger far too quickly.

Now do the Sum,s what its cost us and what could of been.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-09-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Fixed title typos

We could well do A Darlington if we're not careful.

We do need to make sure that we back Kewell for a while though, it's going to take a bit of time for his philosophy to be instilled in the players. Gonna be a tough season this.

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    Compensation to Nolan and his no 2 ( enter amount here) £............(six figure fee only)
    Having now to employ Paul Hart ( enter amount here) £........... where we didnt need one before.

And Why? to Swap someone who ended up !4th in the league, for someone who ended up in the play offs

There were loads of Managers , very good ones out of work we didn't need to pay compo to their clubs for,
    if AH thought that Nolan was at his wits end and couldn't sort it before Christmas

how about This name
    BIG SAM
    cant afford him you say
    , hang on a minute i reckon we are over half a million out of pocket having to settle the above debt.

he doesnt need the money at this stage of his life, he begrudgingly accepted 37,000 quid per day pay off from Everton for the time he spent there, circa 5 million.
    but he may of liked the challenge and took the post had we offered that half a million quid in wages.

hes only going to last the statutory 18 months anyway, we would even sack Arsene Wenger after that period of time in the grand meadow lane tradition.

and even if Big Sam didnt want it, mr Neil Warnock might if Cardiff dump him before Christmas, as there not doing too well recently.

This is all dependent on Big Sam or any other "very good" managers being prepared to drop this low, as you point out they aren't usually desperate for the money & even if they feel ready for a challenge they could probably walk into a job at a higher level. OK, if your figures are correct (very doubtful) & Sam was to accept a half million in wages, who would pay for his entourage ? his No2 ? his fitness coaches? his goalie coaches & the team of psychologists & analysts that he insists on wherever he goes? Sorry feeb rejoin the real world & realise that we aint a "Big Club"

how about This name
    BIG SAM
    cant afford him you say

There's no proof Kewell cost 400k, it was just reported correctly or not that's what they were after, I imagine we paid 100k tops.
    Big Sam lol, even if we could get him (which we can't), he has a team of 20+ around him literally, i.e. the so called war room he has at each club.
    Warnock, I have heard for a long time from people in the game he does about a day in midweek and leaves it to all his coaches, so again not going to happen and certainly not going to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    There's no proof Kewell cost 400k, it was just reported correctly or not that's what they were after, I imagine we paid 100,000 tops
    Agreed. Kewell desperately wanted to come to Notts so what was to stop him resigning at Creepy and coming for nowt? £400,000 was a try on, that's all. We prob paid them somewhere between 50,000-100,000 notes.

Not aware it's cost US anything. If that's how Hardy thought his money was best spent who are we to quibble at the amount ?

how about This name
    BIG SAM
    cant afford him you say

It hasn’t cost US anything. It’s AH hard earned money. We can all have opinions on who we would have brought in if it were our choice, but time will tell if AH has been extremely clever or naive.
    He is never gonna please everyone, all
    We can do is show our support regardless.
    It’s not easy supporting Notts that’s for sure but since my dad took me when I was 7 years old, I’ve had no choice

What could HAVE been, feeb, if we had elbowed Nolan in January, when he seemed to have lost the plot?

Your first paragraph I expect was just humour, the second, meaningless, managers move up and down the table like yo-yos - also, the second would apply no matter who we brought in, and the cost figures you quote would quadruple if Allardyce were given the job. You seem to think he'd jump at the chance of coming back to Notts for free, his hangers-on though, I don't think would be so keen.

Nolan's time with us was up, his results in the period after Christmas bear very little resemblance to his results before. He looked lost and clueless and a change needed to come. Alan Hardy seems to think Kewell's the kiddie to sort it out so he brought him in and the first thing he did was what? Defenders, that's what. Defenders we have been crying out for for years, defenders Nolan said he didn't need or want. Neil Warnock might have thought the same or he might not, but would he go for the same ones that Kewell did? I doubt it, it's highly unlikely Sam or Neil or their entourages have much of a clue when it comes to lower league footballers. The big money that you decry us spending on management change would still go, but on the higher class players that are needed (we don't need any more defenders, we're happy with what we've got - remember?).

Its the Chairmans money, he has accumulated it from his business dealings. He does not need us to tell him what to do with it. Personally, I am very very pleased he is investing a lot of it in Notts County.

Spot on Joe.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast