+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T If You Could Start Again

Jesus Frog that looks nasty, what did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I always wanted to be a treasure hunter
    Like Long John Silver?
    Explains why somebody (gm_gm, I think it was) tracked your IP address to a lightship in the middle of the Irish Sea!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 06-09-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If you had a chance to start again with a new career what would you do?

The reason I ask is because I have that chance because of a bit of scaffolding put into my ankle but I don't know what to do.

Attachment 10585
    Frog it looks like your consultant has tried out his new meccano set on you.

Glad to hear you’re on the mend now pal and almost back on both feet.

I would go into journalism mate if I had your passion for writing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I would go into journalism mate if I had your passion for writing.
    I was going to suggest alcoholism because of his passion for drinking

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think there is an opportunity for you monty in Avatar Consultancy. I'm sure the millenials would pay handsomely for your services.
    I just can't seem to get one that captures my true essence, Cam. That mix of impish humour and forensic knowledge of football.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Like Long John Silver?
    Explains why somebody (gm_gm, I think it was) tracked your IP address to a lightship in the middle of the Irish Sea!
    Well remembered, mike. It was gm. The context was that I stated I was around 120 miles from Rotherham. For reasons best known to himself gm drew a line to the west arriving as you say in the Irish Sea. Cam had me down as living in Clitheroe - hence the Clitheroe Kid thing - but his spy satellite was clearly off track. There is absolutely no mystery. I have always logged on to MM from my home in a village near Carnforth. When in Rotherham I stayed with my mother who had no computer and I have no mobile devices so never logged on from there. I now stay near the Stag but again have no computer facilities, certainly none that I would know how to use.
    Btw, Long John Silver was a ship's cook and pirate. I meant more a Howard Carter type.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was going to suggest alcoholism because of his passion for drinking
    Beer tasting

montyrhodes are you the person who put there private email address up after having a dispute with someone in here.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Frog, it's impossible to say without knowing more details. How much money do you need? How mobile are you? What interests do you have? What skills do you have? I always wanted to be a treasure hunter but opted for something more sensible and have always regretted it.
    The mobility thing is my biggest issue Monte. I am not sure what I'll be able to do. I certainly can't continue with my present occupation as a mason.

The pirate idea has been proposed.

The house eco surveying looks interesting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast