+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T If You Could Start Again

Don’t walk under an electro magnet!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The mobility thing is my biggest issue Monte. I am not sure what I'll be able to do. I certainly can't continue with my present occupation as a mason.

The pirate idea has been proposed.

The house eco surveying looks interesting.
    You could take up Yoga

I'm told there's a yoga position called the one legged frog.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    You might be best building on your existing skills and experience putting out feelers for consultancy work? I would have thought there would be demand for your hydraulic tooling skills.
    Monty. Totally agree with you. I would definitely use existing expertise fand look in the area of consultancy work. I think the work area that is developing is with Chinese companies who want to tap into Western expertise. Particularly in engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Monty. Totally agree with you. I would definitely use existing expertise fand look in the area of consultancy work. I think the work area that is developing is with Chinese companies who want to tap into Western expertise. Particularly in engineering.
    I've been out of that industry for some time now but not much could have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    It may be that rather than a single new career you might do a few different things although I don't know how viable that is for your circumstances. I know of people who gave up formal jobs and do a number of things but not sure how much they make. One teacher had a breakdown and now spends his time mountain climbing which he funds by giving private tuition in his house for a few hours a week. My sister ran a couple of gites for several years. An old university friend packed it all in and makes his own honey which he sells on the internet. I know of a couple of people who paint model soldiers and flog them through ebay stores. Our ex-postmaster bought some software, taught himself and now makes money by producing maps for a few publishers of military history books. Is teaching English an option?
    Really like the idea of turning a hobby into a way of making a income.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do Frog, that's a heck of a rebuild.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234