+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Customer services

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    You can take the club out of Millmoor..
    Honestly there’s better run clubs in lower leagues than ours

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Honestly there’s better run clubs in lower leagues than ours
    Well I must have been exceedingly lucky with my dealings with them, of which there have been many. On every occasion I have experienced a polite, efficient and quick response.

Regarding cheque signing it's quite common to have designated signatories on specific accounts. It helps to control and ring fence money flowing through that account. Yes a stand in can be nominated but often it just makes the whole thing more cumbersome and prone to error.

It was in the news recently that a major airline (Ryanair I think) sent out hundreds of cheques unsigned that then bounced. So maybe we are better than some, worse than others?

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Well I must have been exceedingly lucky with my dealings with them, of which there have been many. On every occasion I have experienced a polite, efficient and quick response.

Regarding cheque signing it's quite common to have designated signatories on specific accounts. It helps to control and ring fence money flowing through that account. Yes a stand in can be nominated but often it just makes the whole thing more cumbersome and prone to error.

It was in the news recently that a major airline (Ryanair I think) sent out hundreds of cheques unsigned that then bounced. So maybe we are better than some, worse than others?
    Glad to hear it, still the club needs to learn quite a few things in many areas.
    I’m sure it would be easier to do bacs instead of cheques which is going out of fashion isn’t it? Can’t remember last time I signed a cheque, I don’t even get Cheque books anymore

Glad to hear it, still the club needs to learn quite a few things in many areas.
    I’m sure it would be easier to do bacs instead of cheques which is going out of fashion isn’t it? Can’t remember last time I signed a cheque, I don’t even get Cheque books anymore
    but bacs costs.There are fees to be paid.

Surely for small beer like the Mayday draw, the cheque system is cheaper considering you've already paid the staff to run the office and shop?

Why pay banks unnecessary money?

You mean it takes longer for cheques to clear

Well today my Cheque turned up after over a fortnight. It was accompanied with a letter stating, Congratulations on winning 1st prize and we enclose a cheque made out to Ms G Willougby, as you requested. I dont know where they got that from, i dont know of any one with that name........
    The other thing was that the cheque was made out to me!!!
    I can't imagine what the person who won it last Saturday is going through.......... UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    but bacs costs.There are fees to be paid.

Surely for small beer like the Mayday draw, the cheque system is cheaper considering you've already paid the staff to run the office and shop?

Why pay banks unnecessary money?
    BACs transfers cost about 35p for business banking. Cheaper than a 56p second class stamp to send out a cheque.

Me and a workmate once won second prize on the mayday..a video recorder..we tried to saw it in half but it didnt work...

I did win 1000 quid though once on a rotherham united scratch card and i only bought the one when i was going to the post office for a stamp..it cost 25p and was called all the fun of the fair..there was a big wheel on it ...reveal 1 funny face balloon for 25p, two for 50p and three for 1000 quid..quite a lot of money in 84-85..at the time i was ripping an house up and bought a complete bathroom suite and paid for a holiday abroad with spending money...when i rang up the woman said " oh bring your ticket down love, i doubt youve won a thousand pound though.." ha..so nothing changes much..

You mean it takes longer for cheques to clear
    That’s all changing as banks will process by scanning cheque and funds available next day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast