+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off To Italy

See Naples And Die ?

Well I have to say I was not impressed

Stayed in Vico Equense at a very good Hotel apart from the internet which was poor and had to pop out to a Pizza restaurant to get WiFi.

Liked Pompeii and visited the oldest brothel in the world, walking over 5 miles around the site destroyed and yet preserved by the Vesuvius eruption which fascinated me.

The Amalfi coast trip was nothing different in my mind to coastal sites I've seen in Turkey and South Africa.

Expected more from the island of Capri, I don't know why Millionaires flock to this place, I stood outside the Qvisisana Hotel which charges £1,000 a night, the narrow street which runs off it is very expensive, with sunglass's priced at £32,000, I kid you not, the cheapest cup of tea or coffee anywhere on the island was £6, and yes 59/60 a trip around the island on a boat was £18 and it took an hour, our guide said to visit the Blue Grotto was £29 for 30 minutes and you only got 3 minutes in the Grotto and he told us it was a rip off.

Up the road from our Hotel at the local square a beer was £6.

Spent a lot of time on a coach/train every day getting to places so I was usually up at 6am quickly downing breakfast for the outing and not getting back till late so I don't feel I've had a break, more of a trek.

Even if it was dirt cheap I would not go again, Food was either pasta, cheese or parma ham, I thought I'd seen the worse drivers in Turkey but the Italians are mental, overtaking with oncoming traffic all the time, stopping anywhere without signals to let someone get out, saw one driver stop on a small busy roundabout to let someone out, it took a long time and then I realised the person getting out was on crutches with motorists all around him going berserk.

I'll put some photos up later.

I'll give that one a miss then!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll give that one a miss then!
    Aye, your child bride would bankrupt you in 20 minutes on Capri

Good stuff Alto, Mrs S is always pestering for a trip over there but I've never fancied it, your little review has put her right off. Thank you.

Child bride ain't going either!

Pompeii with Mount Vesuvius that did the damage in the background.

One of the old stone beds from the oldest brothel.

Graffiti is a big problem and every train is done.

Overlooking a Hotel down onto Capri Harbour

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)