+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forest v Millers

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Considering our poor away form that’s brilliant backing well done lads,this could be the one 3 points.

If we get 3 points then that will be the first time I will have seen it in 6 visits to the City ground. Have seen them draw a few.
    What is it atm.....around 29 games without a Championship win away from home, what makes anyone think Saturday will be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    If we get 3 points then that will be the first time I will have seen it in 6 visits to the City ground. Have seen them draw a few.
    What is it atm.....around 29 games without a Championship win away from home, what makes anyone think Saturday will be any different.
    We will "try to stay in the game," give them far too much respect and they will score at least one goal.
    After about 70 minutes we will "throw the kitchen sink at it," miss the couple of chances we create and lose the game.
    Same sh*t, different day.

Last time we beat them was at Millmoor in 1956
    You have to go back a year earlier for the last time we won at the City Ground.

Total record (home and away) won 6 drawn 11 lost 18,

Will celebrate this one if we win for 2 reasons. Firstly first win in my life time. Secondly a few of my work colleagues are Forest fans, one of them being a season ticket holder.

As Kevin Keegan once said “ I’d love it if we beat them”.

I see we have another ex player to contend with on Saturday.

He scored against the Fowls.

Let’s hope he doesn’t GRABBANOTHER

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Come on frank you sound like warne what's the point of going if you don't think you can win,let's just ring them up & tell them they can have the points save us all the time & money.

I would be happy with a point but I can't see us getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Last time we beat them was at Millmoor in 1956
    You have to go back a year earlier for the last time we won at the City Ground.

Total record (home and away) won 6 drawn 11 lost 18,

Will celebrate this one if we win for 2 reasons. Firstly first win in my life time. Secondly a few of my work colleagues are Forest fans, one of them being a season ticket holder.

As Kevin Keegan once said “ I’d love it if we beat them”.
    Yes, the last time we beat them away i was one year old..only 10 years or so after the war had ended...i wonder how much it was to get in...ive been going over 50 years now but never really kept track of admission prices except just one...in 1977 (nearly sure) i was in the queue at millmoor, in the ground they were playing "hit me with your rhythm stick" ...not positive but was it £ 1.65 full price for the tivoli ?

If you walk down Millmoor lane there are still some of the old prices painted on the lintels above the turnstile openings.
    Might be £4.50 or so

Forest 3-1 Millers

“Lads gave everything, I’m so proud” Warney post match comments

I don't really see the point in conceding defeat before a ball is kicked on Saturday.
    Hope the players aren't reading this.

PW said a few weeks ago he needs to rethink tactics and formations at home. He did that and look what he gave us....one of the most enjoyable, accomplished and satisfying home victories I've ever witnessed.

He's openly said in the press the away form is next on his things to address.
    Bearing in mind he's solved virtually every problem we've had over the last 9 months I think the least we can do is give him a bit more breathing space to sort it out.

The first point might come at Forest or it might not and may take a little more time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast