+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Knowels

Peter Knowels

Nearly 50 years since this great Wolves player hung up his boots.
    Albion lost Graham Lovett's true potential to his car accidents.Knowels and Lovett could of become the best in the country,imagine these pair in a England team.
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...tted-quitting/

He retired in 1969, and trained kids at Dunstall Park, including me in my last year at school.
    He played on the same side as me and afterwards told me i played very well. I was hoping he would put a word in for me at Wolves but he never did, lol. I saw him play quite a few times, against us, and also when i went to Wolves with my mates. Great player, be worth a fortune today.
    I often see him knocking, see what i did there, around town, he always says hello.

Wasn't he a Jehovah's Witness?

Yes Chris, gave up the game for it, became a window cleaner. More recently worked in the loading bay of Marks and Spencer, bloody barmy.

....and "Nice One Cyril's" brother.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Yes Chris, gave up the game for it, became a window cleaner. More recently worked in the loading bay of Marks and Spencer, bloody barmy.
    Part of my close family belong to the same “God bothering” religion.

A strange bunch,they celebrate marriage but don’t celebrate Xmas or birthdays.

On second thoughts I might join!

I wonder if Knowles has anything to do with the fact that the Jehova Midlands convention is held at the “Custard Bowl” each year?

For most seasons it’s the biggest crowd and highlight of the year at Wolverhampton’s ground.

Friend of mine from 30 odd years ago was a JW. Nice ordinary guy never would have guessed his religion if he hadn't told me.

He had a daughter and one night after many G & T's I asked him "What would he do if she needed a blood transfusion to save her life? He answered " I don't know" he then added "his wife would definitely not allow it"

If this God does exist you can add this cr&p to His list of cr&p He is responsible for.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 08-09-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    a good friend of mine from years gone bye.sadly no longer with us .was friends of him and his wife who were also j.w.told him he was packing in football and got a part time job in a carpet shop in bilston.and later how bill mcgarry would pester him to return to football.and as you say bloody barmy.

Lived at the back of the in-laws left a cat behind which they re-homed full of mange but lived a good a happy life. Kept himself to himself when he lived in our village

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Friend of mine from 30 odd years ago was a JW. Nice ordinary guy never would have guessed his religion if he hadn't told me.

He had a daughter and one night after many G & T's I asked him "What would he do if she needed a blood transfusion to save her life? He answered " I don't know" he then added "his wife would definitely not allow it"

If this God does exist you can add this cr&p to His list of cr&p He is responsible for.
    Correct.

My uncle had lung cancer and died because they couldn't give him blood,he chose religion above his own life.

Brainwashing at it's best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)