+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cover versions

Any of you lads on here go to the Minerva Tavern in Sheffield to see the band McCloskeys Apocalypse, what a great night we use to have.About 1969 - 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Any of you lads on here go to the Minerva Tavern in Sheffield to see the band McCloskeys Apocalypse, what a great night we use to have.About 1969 - 1972.
    Never heard them but some people reckon they should have made it big. Ray Higgins, Dave Seville and Mick Wilson all doing other things now but they may do the odd reunion gig? Just seem to remember someone mentioning this but it was a few years back.

Casper, here's another claim to fame for the Sheffields - check the poster on the wall between the two guys.Name:  shffields.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  97.5 KB

They had several hits in the UK and USA

Name:  sheffields 2.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  63.3 KB

This is a powerful cover, Bettye La Vette doing Love Reign O’er me By the Who.I think Bigladon Os will like this.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 18-09-2018 at 10:41 AM.

This is a powerful cover, Bettye La Vette doing Love Reign O’er me By the Who.I think Bigladon Os will like this.
    Thanks, Lol. Just listened to a live performance on YouTube. Daltry and Townsend in the audience looking genuinely moved.

Might be sacrilege in this thread, but i didn't like 'She's not there', by the Zombies. Loved it when Santana made his version.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Might be sacrilege in this thread, but i didn't like 'She's not there', by the Zombies. Loved it when Santana made his version.
    jocks, there is no such thing as sacrilege on this thread. I have even forgiven CT for referring to Elvis's Always on My Mind as "muddy"!

You are bang on mate. What a voice Bettye La Vette has. QUALITY

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    jocks, there is no such thing as sacrilege on this thread. I have even forgiven CT for referring to Elvis's Always on My Mind as "muddy"!
    Naah - "muddy" is good, Monty! Especially from Elvis; just not on tracks like that one!

I had the privilege of seeing him live shortly before he died. (Pontiac Stadium, Detroit, New Years Eve 1976) Although he was overweight and not well, he had an amazing stage presence I'll never forget...

You're forgiven, CT! A song that I always liked that has three famous versions (and several others) is Don't Leave Me This Way. I really liked the Harold melvin & the Blue Notes version with Teddy Pendergrass on lead vocal but Thelma Houston did a nice disco cover and The Communards (with guest vocalist Sarah Jane Norris accompanying Jimmy) was very good in its own way.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast