+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cover versions

I'm still coming to terms with the idea of Bob Dylan the *** machine.

My favourite cover of the Tommy James & The Shondells 1967 hit I Think We're Alone Now is this one by The Rubinoos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHuKp8774p8

Ray Charles does an absolutely AWESOME version of the Beatles "Eleanor Rigby"

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Ray Charles does an absolutely AWESOME version of the Beatles "Eleanor Rigby"

Great voice but I found the piece a little over-orchestrated and could have done without the female backing singers. Something a bit sparer and it would have been top notch imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Very creepy indeed.
    Didn't know what to expect but it was a good performance I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Damnnnnnnnnnn. I'm a massive Bowie fan and I love this song but by god do they do this justice.
    I thought it would be a bit gimmicky and a laugh but blow me I really liked and enjoyed this version.

Flipping heck but that was good. Great singing as well as playing. Slightly (very slightly) spoiled by cretins in audience laughing right at the beginning. Will seek out more of their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Flipping heck but that was good. Great singing as well as playing. Slightly (very slightly) spoiled by cretins in audience laughing right at the beginning. Will seek out more of their stuff.
    They didnt laugh for long monty. When they get into the song it is really good. Deffo gunna look for more.

If you are looking for a different slant on a classic tune, look no further than Hayseed Dixie. Their take on 'Ace of Spades' is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    If you are looking for a different slant on a classic tune, look no further than Hayseed Dixie. Their take on 'Ace of Spades' is excellent.
    Cheers, jocks; I loved the guitar and banjo. I really like Bluegrass and Appalachian music.

Just listened to the Walker Bros cover of Lorraine Elisons " Stay With Me Baby" Great version.

FTAO CTMiller , or anyone interested in the late 50s to mid 60s music , cop a read of this book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Always-Magi.../dp/0143037773

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast