+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cover versions

O/T Cover versions

Not quite sure if "cover versions" is quite correct but have you ever heard a version of a song that made you reappraise it completely? A couple of examples I've come across. Firstly, I only knew Bring Me Sunshine from the Morecambe and Wise show and then I heard Willie Nelson sing it and thought "Wow". Secondly, I love Judy Garland singing Over the Rainbow but the Eva Cassidy version gives it a whole new (not better or worse imo but very different) interpretation.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 21-09-2018 at 05:35 PM.

My favourite is the old Dylan song Forever Young which has a superb cover version done by Chrissy Hind and the Pretenders. Of course it can work the other way and some cover versions of songs are piss poor and a bit of an insult to the original songwriters.

I'm sure many people will disagree with me on this as there has been some great cover versions of this song (Christina Aguilera version is great) but in my opinion could not beat the original.

Last edited by BigLadonOS; 07-09-2018 at 04:11 PM.

This is way way way better than the original bag of crap that was LMFAO.

Bryan Ferry's version of Bob Dylan's "The Times They are a'Changin' " is pretty good as is Joe Cocker's version of the Beatles' "With a Little Help From My Friends."

In our first season at NYS they played a version of New York by a band. Possibly a local band. It was a bit naff but felt unique to us. Anyone know who the band was? And why the club stopped using it(apart from it being pants)?

Joe Cocker's "with a little help from my friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    In our first season at NYS they played a version of New York by a band. Possibly a local band. It was a bit naff but felt unique to us. Anyone know who the band was? And why the club stopped using it(apart from it being pants)?
    Was it by The Foundry (Muse)? They did a version of "The boys are back in town" that was played at the NYS

'Delilah ' by the Alex Harvey band. Part classic, part micky-take. Frijid Pink, 'House of the rising sun b/w 'Heartbreak hotel. Both brilliant versions.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Bryan Ferry's version of Bob Dylan's "The Times They are a'Changin' " is pretty good as is Joe Cocker's version of the Beatles' "With a Little Help From My Friends."

Add “all along the watchtower” by Hendrix to that Bob Dylan covers list

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast