+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cover versions

The sensationally Live Bo Diddley's 'Who Do You Love?', ruined by Spooky Tooth and done exquisitely by The Doors.

The Rolling Stones were the best at covering other people's songs ('King Bee' by Slim Harpo etc) but no-one came close to bettering a Stones' original.

I'll refer to post 16 of this excellent thread. Johnny Winters did a fabulous version of 'Jumping jack flash'. 'Sympathy for the devil', by Guns and Roses also came close.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    The sensationally Live Bo Diddley's 'Who Do You Love?', ruined by Spooky Tooth and done exquisitely by The Doors.
    Got this at a car boot about 10 years ago for the grand sum of 20p. Best 20p I ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    First recorded by Jimmie Ague in 1934 and then made a huge hit by Dinah Washington in 1959? (Could have been a little earlier) it has been covered by so many people but here is something special. I hope you enjoy.

Sorry Biglad but for some reason it just creeps me out to see youngsters singing songs when they probably don't even understand the lyrics, despite how good their rendition is.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Sorry Biglad but for some reason it just creeps me out to see youngsters singing songs when they probably don't even understand the lyrics, despite how good their rendition is.
    No probs CAM I know a few people who feel the same way mate.

Johnny Depp doing a fair Bowie cover

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    First let me congratulate you on such great work on the recording as it does indeed look fantastic for a 180 year old recording.
    Secondly your great, great grandfather must have been minted to acquire a ticket for such a huge gig! I would also like to say that he had great taste in music.

If you look closely enough I swear a saw a pair of panties come flying out of the crowed just as the devils shadow was appearing but I will have to check again to make sure.

P:S Do you recommend the movie as I have not yet seen it?
    I enjoyed the movie a lot. There's a great scene in a drinking den where he gives an impromptu concert and there is some great music throughout. Best version of God Save the King ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    The Rolling Stones were the best at covering other people's songs ('King Bee' by Slim Harpo etc) but no-one came close to bettering a Stones' original.
    Flying Burrito Brothers (Gram Parsons), Wild Horses
    Chris Farlowe, Out of Time

BigLad, another film I enjoyed recently was Sing Street about a band forming in Dublin in the early eighties.

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast