+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cover versions

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    You're forgiven, CT! A song that I always liked that has three famous versions (and several others) is Don't Leave Me This Way. I really liked the Harold melvin & the Blue Notes version with Teddy Pendergrass on lead vocal but Thelma Houston did a nice disco cover and The Communards (with guest vocalist Sarah Jane Norris accompanying Jimmy) was very good in its own way.
    Also the Temptations did a fantastic job of Don't Leave Me This Way.

For me, David Ruffin is the greatest singer of all time. What a ****ing AWESOME voice this man had. Goosebumps every time I hear that voice.

My fave Temptations song of all time. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

David kills this song and to be honest it kills me too. Not afraid to say that either.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Also the Temptations did a fantastic job of Don't Leave Me This Way.
    Had never come across it before. Found a version from 2006 from the LP Reflections, Terry Weeks vocal, full orchestra. Not bad but I think my favourite remains HM&TBNs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    For me, David Ruffin is the greatest singer of all time. What a ****ing AWESOME voice this man had. Goosebumps every time I hear that voice.

My fave Temptations song of all time. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

David kills this song and to be honest it kills me too. Not afraid to say that either.

DR definitely one of the very best. Great song.

Otis Redding's version of A Change Is Gonna Come is for me the best cover version of them all (and there are hundreds) but even the great Otis Redding cannot beat the original Sam Cooke version.

Worst possible cover was Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven....HTF did Zep let him do it - it even got into the charts .

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Worst possible cover was Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven....HTF did Zep let him do it - it even got into the charts .
    bogs, you've taken this thread in an excellent new direction - the worst covers of all time. Rolf must be up there but Captain Kirk singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was good too.

I vaguely remember the Dinky Doodle Dawson Disc Show when he first started out as a DJ.

Richard Harris - Macarthur Park !!!another possible worst ever cover.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Richard Harris - Macarthur Park !!!another possible worst ever cover.
    That was certainly a horror story!

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast