+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: O/T Cover versions

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I would deffo go with the 2nd option monty but while your waiting ld like to draw your attention to this little beauty
    Not bad; like the trumpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Well the starts very Bryan Adams Summer 69 the rest sweet child of mine (Guns n Roses)
    What's really odd is that G&R deny they had ever heard the track before writing their own. Well there's coincidence and there's coincidence but this strikes me as bollax. It's deffo a rip off.

I normally recommend immediate crucifixion for anyone attempting this Ben E. King classic but this isn't bad. However, the people who say this is the best version are crazy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcKcj98VQlk

Any better versions of this classic?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTqTPmTZ0o

And if you say Dexy's version you're a plank!
    Last edited by monty_rhodes; 20-10-2018 at 07:15 AM.

These guys are good I think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4qmWF9TIM

Their track In Hell I'll Be In Good Company is good too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

Hi monty.

Breaking down the walls of heartache is a classic and as you would imagine its a song I like a lot. Natasha And The Delites (Natasha England also plays the delites) did a nice upbeat version of the song in the 70's and is prob my fave cover of the song.

Ben E. King's Stand By Me is a masterpiece and has stood the test of time and passed with flying colours. Skylar Grey's version is a fair effort and has that same atmospheric feel to it but also has that throw away element to it also.

The Dead South.......Hmmmmmm I can take or leave them if I'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Hi monty.

Breaking down the walls of heartache is a classic and as you would imagine its a song I like a lot. Natasha And The Delites (Natasha England also plays the delites) did a nice upbeat version of the song in the 70's and is prob my fave cover of the song.

Ben E. King's Stand By Me is a masterpiece and has stood the test of time and passed with flying colours. Skylar Grey's version is a fair effort and has that same atmospheric feel to it but also has that throw away element to it also.

The Dead South.......Hmmmmmm I can take or leave them if I'm honest.
    BigLad, I'm stuck at home babysitting my granddaughter. She's only two but already a mean mover. Neither of us were overly impressed with the Delites but then the original is a very high bar to jump. I thought The Dead South might not be your thing. Oh well, I have now got to watch Disney's Beauty and the Beast.. again!!!!!!!! Aaaaaargggghhh.

Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, War, Manhattan Transfer, Wilson Pickett to name just a few who have covered this fantastic record but none IMHO can beat the original version.

Monty, if your about , tonight on BBC4 , 11.40 pm “ Better Than The Original “

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Monty, if your about , tonight on BBC4 , 11.40 pm “ Better Than The Original “
    Not many of them, "Tainted Love" will probably be on and "Without You" also "With A Little Help from My Friends", a few Bob Dylan numbers maybe.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast