+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot No Moderators?

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Some posts have been reported today, Swale and I havent had our modding rights taken away yet, but neither of us will be doing anything about them, so if you feel the need to report, best to contact Footy Mad.
    Why would anyone report anything today? The only thing that needs reporting is the team.

Everyone seems to be playing nicely together tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Why would anyone report anything today? The only thing that needs reporting is the team.
    Who knows. Someone did once report another poster for suggesting that they were a particular person. The complainant was insisting that they werent that person and asking for the accusation to be removed. The hilarious part was that the complaints come with the complainant's email address and in this case, the email address was the name of the person they were claiming not to be.

Oh and I agree with your second sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I don't tend to read the political/theological/philosophical argument threads etc. with any level of focus, if at all.
    Seeing as MAD central complained about the amount of anti-Islam and bigoted posts on Notts MAD, how can moderators avoid the OT posts and still claim to be doing an adequate job of moderating this board?

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Seeing as MAD central complained about the amount of anti-Islam and bigoted posts on Notts MAD, how can moderators avoid the OT posts and still claim to be doing an adequate job of moderating this board?
    How can you possibly have too many anti-Islam posts?
    Do MAD want to impose a limit on the level of blasphemy in society now?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    How can you possibly have too many anti-Islam posts?
    You are aware there are laws in the UK about what can and can't be said in public on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Do MAD want to impose a limit on the level of blasphemy in society now?
    Unlikely, but they do have a right to enforce limits on what can/can't be said on the internet boards they own. The boards they're legally responsible for.

Bit late mentioning it now. Fcuking bore off yer cnut.

People do what they can, when they can, for nothing in terms of remuneration, but plenty in terms of hassle. That's why no-one is doing it now. I'm not aware of ever having claimed adequacy.

Not sure about anti-Islam posts, religions can and should be criticised. If you’re talking about the anti-Muslim posts then yes, you’re bang on. If Mad can’t enforce their own rules, no point in having them.

Bearing in mind that Footy Mad is a business, and they pay the editors of each site, perhaps expecting just 2 people to take on all the crap customer-facing work of the business for free, around their own personal commitments isnt the best way of doing things. Maybe moderation should be done centrally, or by the editor of each site. For the record, I removed countless offensive posts and carded/banned the main perpetrators. Then I got flak for doing that. What's that saying about you can please all of the people some of the time....? Anyway, that's all history, it's not my concern now and thank bleddy god for that

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast