+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot No Moderators?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    " from the likes of navy " well report me to the mods then! Oh no you can't , because of you we don't have any.
    Because of me? Can you support that claim?

Is this my fault too? This is just one post of many tarquin directed at cher two days ago - on the day that cher resigned:

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Cher states above.......... "Bans rarely come about as a result of people reporting stuff. Often things are reported and the offensive stuff is quietly removed or maybe, it's a subjective thing and nothing is done about it at all. It's a right pain in the arse to ban people as Mad changed the process a while ago and it's complicated to do."

Cher states on 22-05-2018, 08:06 AM ......" Who have I banned then 'Tarquin' other than Vlad and Chris Hallam in multiple guises, both after a number of complaints? I'd be fascinated to see your list. The list is pretty short. You seem a bit obsessed
    Did I refuse to share the jam on our semolina at school dinners or something?"

These appear to be two completely contradictory statements, 4 months apart.....in the first, bans are rarely due to complaints....in the 2nd, the only two people you've banned were due to "a number of complaints"

Here is you on 25-1-18, asking people to hit the Complaint Button....."Bohinen, report any homophobic comments you see and they will be dealt with. I rarely have time to read all the posts on here, suspect its the same for Swale, and I have no idea who the editor of this site is so cant ask them to look out for stuff (though that's where the responsibility should sit of course). You've complained about this on here before, and I think it was the same response then, you need to use the report button to ensure something gets done."

.....and again......you even showed us a little pic of a Complaint Button.....nice
    22-11-2017, 11:03 PM #59
    cher1
    cher1 is offline Moderator

Name: Capture2.JPG Views: 109 Size: 9.8 KB

Here's how you report a post.....

....here is you thanking people for complaints..24-7-17........"Thank you to everyone who has reported some of the posts on this thread. Vladpie is now banned and I'll remove his offensive posts. Things do get heated on here, but there is a line, and it's been crossed. The comments to Grantham are especially out of order, and I'm only sorry it wasn't possible to remove them sooner."

ps where was his temporary ban that you discuss above, verbal, temporary, then life?.......mmmmm......straight to a life ban wasn't it?

pps why did you hint, twice, that you knew some personal details about Vlad?.....I remember that you got a "round of applause" from his detractors that day 11-12-2017 Cher states......"Just going back to the 'Russian', I dont think there's any evidence he lived anywhere other than Nottingham lets say.... ".....strange comment Cher?
    .....and another on the same thread you just discovered MORE COMPLAINTS in your inbox, after asking for more!!......"......and rapidly report anything offensive. On that subject, have just discovered 3 or 4 reports from a while ago in my spam folder, so apologies if anyone reported something really bad which wasnt dealt with quickly.".....this is starting to resemble that METOO campaign, once one complains, they all complain........back to you and Vlad, another gem where you insinuate that you know something we don't, from the 10-12-17....Cher states "As to why people are banned, from my POV its usually for personal abuse (eg that chap who pretended to be living in Russia) or more frequently, racism"

I know you've been asked before but declined to comment...."is it fair of a MOD to "take sides" and play to the baying mob?....by insinuating that you had some inside info on him?......then you bar him again months later, another instant life ban for arguing with Elite...priceless.....everyone argues with Elite, even Elite!

Cher states above...."I have to say though, I have no idea how you know 1. what threads I have read 2. what effort goes into making sure a ban would be the most appropriate outcome 3. how many people I personally have banned 4. who has banned the people that have been banned."

Reply to 1 and 2....No idea how much you read on here, Cher, or the effort involved BUT YOU YOURSELF STATED ON 21-5-18...."Am on here less than on the past, mainly because I don't get to matches much now so don't feel qualified to comment on football stuff. Also in the last year, I've lost my Mum, my Mother in law, my other in law has had a very serious illness and I've sold a house and bought a house.

None of that has left much time for posting other than to sort stuff out when complaints come through. That said I don't think anyone has had a major issue about any of the bans - either short term or permanent. I've banned the poster with multiple names multiple times, plus a very few others, that's all.

More than happy to hand over to someone else of any of you want it."

Mmmmmmm....so you admit that you are rarely on here, except to administer complaints, ......and yes, I wrote to you personally to admit I was due my ban and I would try to be a good boy.

BUT, we keep coming back to the "I mainly just deal with complaints, and that is twice now you have offered to leave!!

Reply to 3 and 4 above.......BECAUSE YOU TELL US!!......a quick look through your 117 posts in the last 116 weeks (one post per week!) shows YOU TELLING US YOUR BANNING ORDERS, Airborn on 13-8, Navy on 11-7, me at Xmas, though you didn't mention it at the time until I opened a 2nd account to let Navy and 60 Years know I was in pokey, you mentioned in the above copy-n-pastes to justify your actions, Vlad again on 24-7-17 (straight life ban, odd?), CharliePalmersGoal on 23-10-17, PedroLane on 29-5-17, ILovePies on 27-5-17 and Mike Oxlong on 17-2-17.....ALL BECAUSE YOU TOLD US, READ YOUR PROFILE.....you also gave the whole forum warnings on 1-7, 9-6, twice on 24-5, twice on 23-5 and 8 different "modding replies" on 22-5.......and despite all that lot, you only managed 117 posts in 2 years and 3 months.....I've got 500 in the last 15 weeks and I'm nowhere near a prolific poster BUT I'm on here 2 or 3 hours a DAY and I know how it works.......I'm a bit of a gob-****e and I sail close to the wind, I know that....normally I apologise if I think I'm wrong........but calling you the "Angel of Doom" is not wrong IMO......whenever you turn up, I automatically run my last 10 posts through my head trying to figure out who has "dobbed me in".....

.......and, as if by magic, the little toadie appears 17 minutes before me...."please Cher, please Cher...Swale won't give Tarquin a red card"....gawd give me strength

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    I'm polite and reasonable and haven't sworn at or insulted swale, only called into question his disinclination to moderate the OT threads and some others.
    You wasn't polite at all, you browbeat him until he had had enough . You fcuking do it and I would have no problem with being the first person banned . Saying I would have a problem with having a Mosque built next to my house should do it. I'm sure in your world burning the St George Cross down Meadow lane would be applauded though.
    Last edited by navypie; 09-09-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    This post deserves to be at the top. For this board it is a major loss. Cher & Swale have been fair and decent throughout. God preserve us from the likes of Rubber Chicken Balti.
    Here here. Are you taking over Sid?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Here here. Are you taking over Sid?

Oh god no, we dont want Momentum. Cher and Swale were top class, a massive loss.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Swale as had to put up with totally unjustified " aggro " from Sol Signs resulting in him chucking it in yet you refuse to acknowledge his part in us losing our mods. Oh yeah , working for free , something I bet you love talking about but have never done. I have said before that I have done various charity work including driving for the Pakistani centre . Bet you never saw that one coming .
    Hic, I know you drive for a Pakistani centre, because you’ve told me about 3 times. Just like you’ve got 10 houses.

I just hope you’re sober when you do it.

I'm polite and reasonable and haven't sworn at or insulted swale, only called into question his disinclination to moderate the OT threads and some others.
    You seem to enjoy copy-n-pasting my posts, in a vain effort to prove that you were not involved in the latest Mod meltdown.......so I will reciprocate......here's one of yours directly attacking Swale (not the first either is it, didn't you get carded for a similar attack some months ago)

Posted 17 minutes BEFORE the one of mine that you are quoting.....when asked to apologise you said "gluck" and disappeared.......polite and reasonable, never insulted Swale?.....errrrrrr, no!

Watch out, Cher. Swale cards people who stand up to tb. It's like they're saying "If this can't be ANTI-ISLAM notts mad, then I'll burn down the whole fcking site."

You are completely out of order SolSigns. If you can find even one anti-Islam word or phrase posted by me then you're a magician. How dare you. You are simply a troublemaker on here, nothing more or less.

Last edited by SwalePie; 07-09-2018 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Deleted expletive.

tarquin, my post is polite and reasonable. Swale had to ask you back off again in the Grimsby thread, then you responded with six blasted rants at cher - then she resigned.

I see swale's still having to moderate your posts.

Thanks to both Swale and Cher, I think this board has been probably more easy going than alot of MAD boards but I believe that is the way it should be. To do the job of moderating which takes up your own time for no reward, they deserve thanks and no wonder they have had enough after all this time.

tarquin, my post is polite and reasonable. Swale had to ask you back off again in the Grimsby thread, then you responded with six blasted rants at cher - then she resigned.

I see swale's still having to moderate your posts.
    You think that your attack on him is polite and reasonable?.....surely you are not being serious?

Swale asked BOTH Elite and I to take it elsewhere, which we did AND I made an apology, without being asked......you meanwhile were asked to apologise and refused.....which one of us seems more reasonable?

Now you are saying that I "ranted at Cher"?.......you really are strange....that reply took 5 hours to compose and involved reams of notes taken from 117 previous posts.....it was a reply to a Mod that clearly wasn't happy at remaining a Mod, a fact that I highlighted from that very night BEFORE I replied and previous posts (copy-n-pasted for all to see), who had personal family issues, little time to proactively Mod (unlike Swale who is on here every day?) and neither attended games or listened to iFollow.

If you can find anywhere in my post where I was insulting or untruthful....I will happily make a full apology to the Forum

....you on the other hand, made an unprovoked personal attack on Swale that was neither factual nor remotely polite AND refused to apologise AND you have a history of doing similar things.....remind us all again, which one of us has been barred for attacking Mods?.....errrrr, you

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Now you are saying that I "ranted at Cher"?.......you really are strange....that reply took 5 hours to compose and involved reams of notes taken from 117 previous posts....
    And that doesn't strike you as a little extreme for a footie forum?

At least you're expending all that time and effort ranting at cher and me now rather than the whole Muslim population of the world - on a Notts County website - as it used to be.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast