+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot No Moderators?

100% agree Cher. I certainly wouldn’t work for what I presume to be a profit making business for free. Let alone have to put up with the resultant aggro. If a company wants its rules policing, it should pay people to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    100% agree Cher. I certainly wouldn’t work for what I presume to be a profit making business for free. Let alone have to put up with the resultant aggro. If a company wants its rules policing, it should pay people to do so.
    Agreed.

The old adage is that if you pay peanuts (or in this case, nothing) you get monkeys, but in Swale and Cher FootyMAD actually got two excellent moderators who deserved some sort of financial reward, and more respect from one or two folk on this message board.

Not sure about anti-Islam posts, religions can and should be criticised. If you’re talking about the anti-Muslim posts then yes, you’re bang on. If Mad can’t enforce their own rules, no point in having them.
    Yes, good point. I misspoke.

I agree that MAD should be supporting moderators more.

My main point isn't about Muslims or free speech, it's that I don't want my club (or Notts sites) to be a rallying point for extremists looking for a platform for their hateful agenda. I appreciate the work that moderators have done to keep this in check over the years, even as I've urged them to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    I appreciate the work that moderators have done to keep this in check over the years, even as I've urged them to do more.
    Extremists? Hateful? You mean censorship surely??

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Extremists? Hateful? You mean censorship surely??
    Only in the sense that MAD rules 'censor' certain content, or UK law 'censors' what can be said in public.

Yes, good point. I misspoke.

I agree that MAD should be supporting moderators more.

My main point isn't about Muslims or free speech, it's that I don't want my club (or Notts sites) to be a rallying point for extremists looking for a platform for their hateful agenda. I appreciate the work that moderators have done to keep this in check over the years, even as I've urged them to do more.
    I don't always agree with what is posted on here (and would make a terrible mod) but I honestly cannot say that 'a rallying point for extremists looking for a platform for their hateful agenda' can be aimed at this board from what I have seen. Unless of course mods have removed many posts (but how would you know that Sol?).

I see the vast majority of posters as Notts fans who want us to do well but have lots of different opinions.

A very sad day when Swale and Cher stepped down, but I am sure they had good reason and didn't take the decision lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't always agree with what is posted on here (and would make a terrible mod) but I honestly cannot say that 'a rallying point for extremists looking for a platform for their hateful agenda' can be aimed at this board from what I have seen.
    I think it's testament to the moderation that has occurred as well as the push back from other posters - in the face of the insults and abuse you can see from the likes of navy - that has kept this board from being more of a rallying point for extremists. But I also think that if posters hadn't pushed back things could quickly have got a lot worse. It's not for nothing this site has received warnings from MAD central.

Swale as had to put up with totally unjustified " aggro " from Sol Signs resulting in him chucking it in yet you refuse to acknowledge his part in us losing our mods. Oh yeah , working for free , something I bet you love talking about but have never done. I have said before that I have done various charity work including driving for the Pakistani centre . Bet you never saw that one coming .

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Swale as had to put up with totally unjustified " aggro " from Sol Signs.
    I'm polite and reasonable and haven't sworn at or insulted swale, only called into question his disinclination to moderate the OT threads and some others.

I think it's testament to the moderation that has occurred as well as the push back from other posters - in the face of the insults and abuse you can see from the likes of navy - that has kept this board from being more of a rallying point for extremists. But I also think that if posters hadn't pushed back things could quickly have got a lot worse. It's not for nothing this site has received warnings from MAD central.
    " from the likes of navy " well report me to the mods then! Oh no you can't , because of you we don't have any.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast