+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wot No Moderators?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I don't tend to read the political/theological/philosophical argument threads etc. with any level of focus, if at all.
    Seeing as MAD central complained about the amount of anti-Islam and bigoted posts on Notts MAD, how can moderators avoid the OT posts and still claim to be doing an adequate job of moderating this board?

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Seeing as MAD central complained about the amount of anti-Islam and bigoted posts on Notts MAD, how can moderators avoid the OT posts and still claim to be doing an adequate job of moderating this board?
    How can you possibly have too many anti-Islam posts?
    Do MAD want to impose a limit on the level of blasphemy in society now?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    How can you possibly have too many anti-Islam posts?
    You are aware there are laws in the UK about what can and can't be said in public on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Do MAD want to impose a limit on the level of blasphemy in society now?
    Unlikely, but they do have a right to enforce limits on what can/can't be said on the internet boards they own. The boards they're legally responsible for.

Bit late mentioning it now. Fcuking bore off yer cnut.

People do what they can, when they can, for nothing in terms of remuneration, but plenty in terms of hassle. That's why no-one is doing it now. I'm not aware of ever having claimed adequacy.

Not sure about anti-Islam posts, religions can and should be criticised. If you’re talking about the anti-Muslim posts then yes, you’re bang on. If Mad can’t enforce their own rules, no point in having them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Not sure about anti-Islam posts, religions can and should be criticised. If you’re talking about the anti-Muslim posts then yes, you’re bang on. If Mad can’t enforce their own rules, no point in having them.
    Yes, good point. I misspoke.

I agree that MAD should be supporting moderators more.

My main point isn't about Muslims or free speech, it's that I don't want my club (or Notts sites) to be a rallying point for extremists looking for a platform for their hateful agenda. I appreciate the work that moderators have done to keep this in check over the years, even as I've urged them to do more.

I appreciate the work that moderators have done to keep this in check over the years, even as I've urged them to do more.
    Extremists? Hateful? You mean censorship surely??

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Extremists? Hateful? You mean censorship surely??
    Only in the sense that MAD rules 'censor' certain content, or UK law 'censors' what can be said in public.